Neurologists
Neuro-Specialists of Morris Sussex
350 Sparta Ave
Sparta, NJ 07871
973-729-1111
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Dr. great....office staff should be replaced  |  show details
by Maureen on Jun 27th, 2014

Dr. Stephen is excellent and hands on. Does not rush appointment. Calls to follow up. Office is clean and tidy. The office staff themselves could use lessons in humanity.....discourteous and rude, with no follow up skills.

|  Nice doctor, horrible office staff  |  show details
May 13th, 2014

The doctor was great, very courteous and thorough. She took time to listen to concerns and scheduled tests and follow up appointment. Unfortunately, the girl at the desk is extremely rude. We witnessed her complaining to a co worker, talking down to an older lady who was a patient, and she was rude to us as well. It was clear she was having a stressful day, but she needs to get a different job if she can't handle the stress of this one without taking it out on patients.

|  show details
Apr 11th, 2014

Dr. Stephen is wonderful. When my fiances family Dr. didn't knwo what was wrong, he told us to find a neurologist. We went to see Sr. Stephen, she did a full exam and gave us a diagnosis but told us that she needed to run other tests, which we did. We went back for the results and she was right that he had CIDP. She sent us to JFK Medical Center for a second opinion due to treatment being expensive. We went there and saw another Dr. who stated that she was very smart to be able to diagnose him since CIDP is very rare and is usually misdiagnosed. This was 12 years ago and we couldn't be happier seeing her. Definately a wonderful Dr. We would highly recommend her. Staff not as pleasant but we deal with that do to the treatment we receive from the Dr. herself.

|  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

Dr Stephen is basically like other specialists that leave you wondering why they got into the medical profession because sick people just seem to annoy them. She was rude, cold and at recheck after test results basically told me I should see a therapist. I eventually went to another doctor and have been diagnosed with MS from spinal tap and MRI results. Not sure how a doctor precribes a therapist when somone has all the physcial symptoms and test results of MS. Oh also, don't let the staff tell you test results, one staff memeber said I tested positive for a different serious disease which I did not have, as per the follow up with Dr. Stephens. Do yourself a favor and find a different doctor.

|  Great experience so far  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

We are still running some tests but Dr. Stephen was great, willing to listen and open minded. The stay was great, went out of their way to help when something needed to be faxed in while I was there and explained exactly what was needed on my part for the follow up testing.

|  Beware  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

Sent here by wrkm comp. Most disgusting office. Smells of mold. Visible mold on ceiling in waiting room and exam room. Equipment was dirty, exam table paper was on floor then laid upon table. Unfriendly place. Dr. was brisk, no physical exam. Procedure was supposed to take 45min-60min. It was completed in 15min. Not surprised Dr has 2 malpractice suits that I have found. I reported office to county health dept. Unacceptable. I work in a hospital, maybe I have high standards. There are better options out there for neurologists.

|  Horrible FACILITY  |  show details
by NOPUBLICOPTION on Oct 27th, 2009

Do not go to this office or Dr.The office is unclean and the Dr. is rude and uncaring.If I would have known what this place was like beforehand I would have made an appointment elsewhere! Everyone including the staff is rude I wanted to leave and was told I would have to pay a $40 cancellation fee...after calling my husband he told me to stay... There were bugs everywhere in the room where my test was to be performed(I took pictures when she left the room to get a bottle of water) the dr.ate while seeing me! Then told me I was "too fat" to have the test I was sent there for. When I started to tell her about my problems she told me "don't talk you are not here for a consultation you're here for a test" I left this office crying, disheartened that there could be a physician and office this horrible! I have very good insurance and can't imagine someone who does not and has to be subjected to this facility and dr. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

|  Horrible...  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2008

experience. Took forever to get the initial appointment. Prescribed and MRI of my brain and it was denied. They didn't inform me until a week after I recevied the letter from my insurance denying the MRI. Then i finally got approval for the MRI and when I called to make a follow up appointment the office staff was nasty to me. I would recommend another office/doctor if you have the option.