Overall Review

• 15 reviews

December 9th, 2016
Mrs.
Dr. Turk removed a Cancerous tumor on my Adrenal gland laproscopically and I was able to join my friends on a planned vacation to Ireland. He was wonderful!

October 6th, 2016
A great experience
All the staff I met were friendly and professional which is great when facing a major surgery like this. My wife was very pleased that Dr Tuerk gave her an update straight after surgery while I was in the recovery room. I stayed overnight and was released the next day and drove 4 hours to my home in Maine. My wife drove not me. I would. Ertainly recommend Ingolf Tuerk and his team

December 20th, 2015
I WOULDN'T LET ANYONE ELSE OPERATE ON ME

July 27th, 2015
Good doc, bad organization...
A lot of older reviews here, not many newer ones. I interviewed with three surgeons to remedy my prostate cancer. They all seem to paint dire pictures and provide minimal guarantees of success, typical. What you're left with is choosing by 3rd party hearsay and self-promotion, Dr Tuerk won. Everything seemed rushed, time is money, rockstar surgeon. Prostate out and guess what? success, nerves spared but because they don't evacuate all surgical gas and they like to remove many lymph nodes, even for Gleason 6, there is major major swelling which will "go away in a month", maybe. Try strapping a 4 pound soccer ball to your member and exercising or even walking with that for a month. Other institutions take the time to drain much of the surgical gas so swelling is very minimal. OK, go home after one day in a closet of a private room where 1/2 the nurses don't want to be there. Two weeks later problem with surgery, call St E's night line, ask for on duty urologist, told they will call, they never did. Next day, call Dr. Tuerk's office, leave messages with secretary, no return calls. Evidently they don't do repairs. Just a factory. Go to unrelated ER and they say they won't touch anything Dr. Tuerk has done and to go call Dr. Tuerk. I guess you're always a success if you ignore the problems. Funny how all the reviews are older. Here's a tip that I learned too late. Always demand a 3 Tesla Endo-rectal MRI and if the cancer is not outside the prostate find a surgeon who will leave the lymph nodes and do nerve sparing. At that point open or closed surgery doesn't matter and in fact many friends who had open surgery have fair fewer issues with pain and swelling afterward. We've all got 10 years minimum regardless of outcome.

June 2nd, 2015
Don't go to anyone else
Dr. Tuerk is an amazing surgeon. It is one year out from my prostate surgery. I don't think I would be anywhere near as happy if I had not chosen Dr. Tuerk to do my surgery.

February 13th, 2015
Dr Tuerk not only the best in his field but also compassionate human being.

February 2nd, 2015
Dr. Tuerk was very responsive and spent considerable time with my wife and I. I have full confidence in his ability as a surgeon after meeting with him. Also his personal communication and interest in my case was exceptional.

April 22nd, 2013
Simply the best
I'm a 57 year old male who was diagnosed with prostate cancer in Feb. 2013. I had an appointment with Dr. Tuerk the next week and was in surgery less than 3 weeks later. Dr. Tuerk went over all the negatives and dangers of the surgery at my pre-surgery appointment. He also made it a point of making small of the possibilty of "everything" being normal or functional and didn't want my expectations to be too high. He did save all the nerves which was almost as relieving as being cancer free. Well 5 weeks after surgery I am playing golf, working and for the most part my life is back to normal. I have friends who had the same surgery as I had prior to my meeting Dr. Tuerk. They all had problems that followed which were far greater than anything I experienced. My recovery has been quick and life is good. Dr. Tuerk and his staff were outstanding and I would recommend him to all.

July 13th, 2012
Top Professional and Superior Care
Dr Tuerk has done an outstanding job with my surgery especially considering the added complexity of the task. I went in with a PSA of 10.8 and a gleason of 7. Now one week later everything works great. The laparoscopic procedure was performed while navigating the 3 hernia screens and all the cancer was removed. My major difficulty was the catheter which slowed my ability to walk enough following the surgery. So I am on blood thinners to eradicate any additional issues with blood clots. I feel strong now and look forward to returning to what should be a reasonably normal lifestyle. I would most strongly recommend Dr Tuerk.

January 17th, 2012
If you have prostrate cancer, you want this doctor
I went in with a PSA of 7.5 and a Gleason 3+4. 2 and 1/2 months later, EVERYTHING works. Stop looking this guy knows how to fix the problem.

January 15th, 2012
PProstate surgery 1/12
Dr.Turk recently performed prostate surgery on me. He is an outstanding doctor, excellent at what he does, professional, good bedside manner and cares about his patients. He could do this robotic surgery with his eyes closed. I had the utmore confidence in his abilities and was not disappointed. In 1 week I was feeling great..and started back to work 3-4 hours a day in about 6 days. I would highly recommend a consult. His team is fantastic but you be the judge.

April 25th, 2011
As a dr. and surgeon, I have no complaints. However, during my recovery preriod, I had some issues, basically, my bladder would not drain. I was re admitted to the hospital, and it was deemed an infection withj minimal examination time. I had a catheter re inserted and was in the hospital and additional 5 days and then was alloewed to go home.. It was fine for a while and the problem with my bladder not emptying, I went to see my own uroilogist. It was determined that I had an enourmous amount of scar tissue and under went another procedure to have my openog dialated. I was fine fore a week and the problem started allver again. I under went another procedure and had the tissue incised. It was then determined thand at that time, my urologist fornd a "clip" that was left in me in a place where it shouldn't have been.