Dr. Ingrid Bullard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ingrid Bullard?

delivery

Posted on August 14th, 2017

Prior to my due date, I had met with every doctor in the practice except Dr. Bullard. All were great, very personable, and patiently answered my questions/concerns (as a first time mom, this gave me great comfort). So, I assumed that given how wonderful all the doctors in practice have been that she would be great as well. However, I soon learned how incorrect that assumption could be! Dr. Bullard was the Dr on rotation when I went into labor. Immediately upon walking into the admission room she was rude and condescending. She had no interest in explaining procedures to me. If you are going to do something to my body, you should at least have the courtesy to answer questions or help me understand why a medication is administered (I was not in an emergency state, she did not seem to be rushed to meet other patients either). She honestly gave the impression that I had no right to ask about my own care and that she did not want to be bothered in discussing it. She did make a point to mention that my regular Dr, would be on the next morning. I am almost certain that my body willed itself to not deliver until my Dr's shift. She made very few checks in my room for most of my labor, which to be honest, I was perfectly happy with. Her shift ended at 7a, my Dr came on and my baby was born at 1p. I was so pleased that she did not deliver my baby. If her attitude and general bedside manor at admission is typical for her, I cannot imagine I would have had a pleasant birth experience.

Horrible communication skills

Posted on August 3rd, 2016

If I could give this place 0 out of 5 stars I would. I have been going to Novant Rankin Women's Health locations for about a year now and I haven't had any issues previously. I usually see Dr. Graham and she is a pressure to deal with. She is very open minded and informative. I needed to make an appointment for an ultrasound and a follow up visit and unfortunately she wasn't available that day so I ended up seeing Dr. Bullard instead. This is where things took a turn for the worst. My ultrasound was given by an ultrasound tech named Joanna Johnson who was very rude and impersonal. She made me feel very uncomfortable throughout the ultrasound exam and when I would ask questions she would abruptly reply with a rude tone as though she was annoyed at my questions. Shortly after the ultrasound exam I sat down with Dr. Bullard who right off the bat asked me "I am confused as to why you are even here". This question caught me off guard because it should have been obvious from the results of the ultrasound and my medical history as to why I was there. It was clear from the very beginning that the doctor was not interested in discussing my condition and possible options. It was only when I started asking questions that she sighed and answered my questions in mediocre fashion. I did not get the impression that she even cared for me as a person nor had my best interests in mind. I am very disappointed in the care I received through Novant Health and I will be looking for alternative providers.

Posted on November 3rd, 2016