Internist, Rheumatologist, Pediatricians
Video profile
22341 W 8 Mile Rd
Suite 314
Detroit, MI 48219
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 11th, 2012

very gentle years of experience retired veteran

|  Patient  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

An excellent rheumatologist who took the time to listen to me and work with me.

|  practice manager for a surgeon  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

I was under the supposed care of Dr. Cuesta for 7 months. I saw him once and followed by the physician's assistant thereafter until 7 mnths later when she was on a medical leave. At that time I was called to cancel my next appt. I asked about rescheduling and was told if I need refills on meds just call back or if I have a problem. I was supposed to be followed every 3 months due to medications and status. I would never recommend this office EVER unless you don't care about being treated well, professionally and properly!

Jul 18th, 2011

I found Dr. Cuesta to be uninterested in hearing/listening enough about my symptoms, he was more willing to go off his own observations (of swelling, joint flexibility, etc). He was unable to believe I was hurting on his treatment plan, and made me feel like it was in my head. Because of this, I spent months suffering needlessly, until I came to my senses and found another Rheumatologist. My new doctors ability to listen had me back to a manageable life within weeks.

Oct 2nd, 2010

He did a wonderful job treating my condition. I went to several other doctors regarding my dilemma, but he was the most knowledgeable of my condition. He treated my problem with great intelligence and ease. I would recommend his practice to those who need intelligent and urgent treatment for their medical conditions pertaining to Rheumatology.

Oct 1st, 2010

I SUFFERED FROM SEVERE ARTHRITIS UNTIL THISDOCTOR STARTED TREATING ME. i'M FINALLY WALKING WITHOUT SEVERE PAIN.

Sep 23rd, 2010

Anyone who says they do not like Dr. Cuesta must misunderstand him. He sometimes can be curt and often in a rush but he is also nice and funny. He saved me from my RA agony and never over medicates me, which was a big concern I had when seeking treatment. I would recommend him to anyone.

by Kathleen on Aug 5th, 2010

The first time I met Dr. Cuesta I thought he was nice, he spent a lot of time talking with me and answering my questions. I thought all of my appointments would be like that, I was very mistaken. The last 3 times I have been to his office he has belittled me and was very condescending. I work in the medical field and he treated me like I was stupid and has not once addressed the list of growing concerns that I have. He seems to have a standard answer for every problem "we will wait and see if it gets better". I will not be going back to his office, nor would I reccomend him to anyone.

|  Bedside manner lacking  |  show details
by Deborah Kapron on Nov 2nd, 2009

Dr. Cuesta came highly recommended to me. After his resident took history and did an exam, Dr. Cuesta came in. His manner was condescending and he belittled my concerns. He basically "kicked me when I was down." He mocked my deformed right foot, mocked my Podiatrist's name, mocked me when I mentioned fatigue as a big complaint (don't ya get enough exercise?). I would NOT subject any friend to his abuse by giving himn any sort of recommendation.

by Chris Sucoe on Jan 27th, 2009

Doc Cuesta enlisted in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman at an early age. He went thru Marine battlefield trainig at Camp Pendelton, & was stationed on Okinawa during the 1970s. In my book, this on it's own, qualified him to become what he has, a Medical Doctor. He started from the bottom and has achieved what many have not. It's been a pleasure to have him as a Doctor.