3.9

October 28th, 2016
WELOME TO A CIRCUS
Arrived early. Dr. was in with a patient already. Dr. came out advised his receptionist was running late (WHICH HE SAID LIVED A FEW BLOCKS AWAY). Dr. got done with first patient who then sat and waited for receptionist. We went into his office where he asked me questions, the same questions over and over. Very brief and confusing, not really amounting to much information at all. After that we went into the "exam" room---receptionist still hadn't shown up. Dr. was all over the place, mumbling and disheveled. His zipper was down the entire time, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him so. His dress shirt was too small so you could see his chest underneath in between the buttons. I didn't get a "creepy" feeling, just the sense of him either not caring about appearance, or like someone who just slept off an all-nighter in their car and showed up for work to pay for last nights binge. He kept pulling out his cell phone to see if his receptionist had texted him, or he would text her. She replied via text that she would be another 10-15 min so he went out and told the other patient they didn't have to wait and if they had any questions to call him...? In the meantime another patient came in and he told them his receptionist was running late, and hoped they weren't in a hurry (wth?). He tried to print something out for a patient and couldn't get the printer/copier to work. All of this while coming back and forth performing a test on me. The test seemed like a joke. I felt like I was on some kind of prank show, waiting for cameras to come out. Like is this hot mess really happening right now? He doesn't really take time to explain anything and if he tries, he doesn't talk to you, he kind of just mumbles stuff and your not sure if he is talking to you or just talking to himself? Courteous Staff it asks? Umm what staff. If my receptionist showed up 1 hour late.. I'm sorry but you're fired. Accurate Diagnosis? Ummm, well I guess but not sure what that is? I could have gone out and hung on to an electrified fence around a pasture and said yup, I felt that. Then after pulling out the needle that he stuck into my mussels, I got large "bubbles" under my skin as if he may have hit a vein and blood collected under my skin. Crazy.

April 1st, 2016
Don't Waste Your Time
Wait time was 20-45 min. Every appointment he would take me to his office and take 10-15 minutes to go thru his notes and ask me the same background questions (did I ever have a CAT scan, what meds have I tried, etc) before he's make me do a physical exam. Then we'd go back to his office and he'd call his answering machine to leave himself notes, all the while not actually speaking to me. When he finished (after another 10-15 min.) he'd then speak at me, never listening to what I was saying or asking. I always had to explain my own history every single visit when he had his notes in front of him and could have read thru them. Instead he'd ask me the same background questions and then go thru this notes in front of me to verify my answer. Why did me never look thru his notes before my appointment or simply listen to my answer without having to flip thru his unorganized notes to verify it? Why did I have to sit in silence in his office while he recorded notes in front of me? I've never had a doctor be that rude before. I would always have to just sit there until it was convenient for him to speak to me and get on with my appointment. He never actually listened to me. My migraines became more severe so he put me on a new migraine medication without properly explaining the side effects. Then when I had side effects he didn't listen to my concerns and kept upping the dosage, which supposedly would diminish the side effects. It didn't. I got very depressed and didn't realize why until I googled the medication and saw all the possible side effects that he should have properly explained to me. Dr. Cho made sure to highlight to me that I may lose weight and made a few comments about how all his women patients liked that side effect, but never told me I may become depressed. I guess as a woman he felt that was the only side effect I should care about was weight loss. Often times during my appointment, himself or his secretary would interrupt to remind him about his upcoming appointment at the hospital. I never felt like I had the doctor's attention and he always tried to push medications on me he thought was best even if they weren't best for me, which he would know if he listened to me or read my patient file. I strongly do not recommend Dr. Cho.

February 10th, 2015
Provided no information about and no followup after bilateral stokes
I suffered a bilateral stroke after a medical procedure while an inpatient at Hanover Hospital and Dr. Cho was called in to consult. He offered no information on my condition and did not prescribe physical therapy even though I had very minimal use of my arm and leg. He never explained what had happened and when I was discharged, we asked what I should expect for the future and he told us nothing other than if I had any other problems to return to the hospital and he left the room. There was no follow-up on my condition. The patient advocate got me the proper information on physical therapy and told me to consult with a different neurologist. I got the impression that his behavior was par for the course. Avoid him at all costs!!!

March 23rd, 2014
Pain and swelling inner knee
For 6 months I have had pain and swelling of the inner left knee. MRI negative, Ortho specialist found NOTHING. Dopler vascular ultra sound NEGATIVE. I was at the end of my rope..went to Dr. Cho he spend almost an hour with me going over my condition. Scheduled a back MRI to make sure nothing with my spine was causing the pain. Will go from there once a DX is comfirmed. Wants to get to the bottom of the situation. I liked him very much seems very dedicated and wants to help his patients. Would recommend Dr. Cho highly.

July 25th, 2012
too early to say , i hope this doctor takes time to find out what what is wrong with me.

September 30th, 2010
Thorough
I have been seeing doctors for the last 12 years due to vertigo. No one has ever spent the time with me that this doctor has. He talked to me for 45 minutes about my problem. The ENT Dr. that I saw before him literally spent only 3 minutes with me and thought he had me diagnosed. He didn't . I have only good things to say about Dr. Cho. He was thorough and really cared and wanted to help me get better.

September 1st, 2010
Quack
This guy arrived late to the appointment (yes he was the doctor and was not even in the office yet). shows up with his shirt half tucked in, crumbs on his shirt... a real mess. Interrupts as you explain the problem. New office staff at every visit. Sent a letter saying my wife had Parkinson's! Ah, no, she has epilepsy. This guy should not even be practicing medicine.

August 27th, 2010
BEST neurologist in the area
Dr. CHo is an incredible physician. He calls me at home, he does ll the hands-on care himself...Blood Pressure, etc.I am a nurse and would recommend him to ANYONE

March 4th, 2010
AVOID THIS DOCTOR!
POOR COMMUNICATION WITH PATIENTS...DOES NOT THOROUGHLY ANSWER QUESTIONS, CUTS YOU OFF WHEN YOU'RE SPEAKING AND JUST SEEMS OVERALL INCOMPENT! IF YOU HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE THIS DOCTOR DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO ASSIST YOU...