Dr. Iqbal Ahmad MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2016
never saw such a unprofacional,rude and nasty staff!!!

May 20th, 2016
Horrible!!!!
I went to see this horrible doctor for my back pain. I brung my x-rays (3 of them) and he diagnosed me with full body arthritis just by looking at my hands and stretching out my legs. Then asked me if anyone of my family has this I said no but my mother is here and she has scoliosis just like me he said to bring her in. He checked my mother just like he checked me and diagnosed with full body arthritis as well. Which I find very odd then he told me there was nothing to be done. I had had enough and just walked out. Then I go to my primary doctor and the nurse looked at my fIle and saw that I seen him and in the report he put that I was complaining of pain and never wrote exactly what he had diagnosed me with which was the full body arthritis. I will never recommend him to anyone if anything he needs to retire because he can barely even walk. Also rude receptionist.

April 22nd, 2016
He is a quack, stay away. He told me that god would heal all my pain

March 24th, 2016
medical issues
this is the worse dr I had seem in my life el tell everybody that you have artritis he is very old and must retire Idont think he even read English because in my MRI it say effusion like water in my need and he say the same thing You have artritis.Dont recomend not even to my worse enemig.Don go there Please

January 6th, 2016
1 star only because I can't give 0
I had a back injury 2 years ago and just needed medical clearance for a tsa job. Waited an hour and had to go to the street meter 2 times because there was no parking. Anyway finally saw him and he told me to stick out my hands and he says I have signs of arthritis. Mind you he didn't look at my injury, which actually doesn't even bother me anymore (herniated disc). All he kept saying is that I have signs of arthritis. Then asked about my parents and they don't have arthritis. He threatened to negatively write on my medical papers so that I don't get the job. Mind you I'm a healthy strong 27 year old guy who just wants to work and start my career. I flipped out and told them I wasn't paying my copay. The staff were pretty nice but couldn't convince the dr otherwise even though I have a note from my primary Doctor stating that I'm healthy and can work. This doctor is just an old pos who needs to just stop already.

October 5th, 2015
Drug Pusher..
The worse dr ever all he wanted to know is what my Pain pill of choice was.. I wanted an MRI done my pain in knee was so bad.. He said it was arthritis and tried to send me on my way.. I cried and begged for the MRI said my insurance wouldn't approve it.. well how do you know if we don't try..Guess what they did I got it done had a torn meniscus and was able to go to another Dr and will be having surgery.. Ahmad never ever returned my call or called with results..

October 2nd, 2015
Busy but worth the wait
Busy practice but Dr. Ahmad saved me from getting surgery that could harm me [a 2nd top rated Orthopedic Dr. Anthony Parks in Nutley NJ agreed with Dr. Ahmad.] Both of these doctors told me the truth. Dr. Ahmad stayed long enough with me to answer my questions. He then went out of his way to bring me to another area that had a computer to show me why I should not have surgery. He also took time to explain about another injury I had. Worth the wait.

April 1st, 2015
Horrible wait and 2 minute evaluation!
After arriving on time for my appointment I had to wait 2 hours and 45 minutes to be seen. The office was pack like a cattle car. After the long wait I finally saw Dr. Ahmad. After having spinal fusion and continued back pain his examination was the following. Sit down raise each leg,stand up put your arms out, now make a fist, then cross my arm. He looked at my scar and said, "May God bless you and your pain goes away." What a joke! From that he decides I need no further care. Had an MRI the next week and then saw my orthopedist. He says I need continued care. I would suggest no one go to this doctor.

October 1st, 2014
I understand the one star the other reviewer left
This guy scared me so badly. He and his nurses told me "May God help you" and "All these people [meaning the people in the waiting room] deserve to die." As I understand it, he has been doing medical exams for the insurance companies for many years and in my case he scared me so badly, I literally was shaking because of what I heard he and two of his nurses say. Most of the people in the waiting room seemed to be poor, latino, or african-american. And, one man was treated so badly while I was there that I could just see the disgust on the office lady's face. If I could I would give him a negative star.

September 27th, 2012
Bad Orthopaedic Dr. - He's 69 years old
Unfortunately, I had to take my son to see this orthopedic Dr who was very old in age and should be enjoying his retirement at this age. Have no idea why he is still practicing. We went to the Edison office and the staff there ask for my son's medical id cards and my driver's license so they can make copies. I was waitng for them to give them back and they said "Well we need it to process the information in the system." Hello - you just made a copy of everything!!! Why do you need to hold on to our medical cards and my driver's license! Very unprofessional staff to say the least. I gave the office a 3 start because yes you can get an appointment easily but to top it all off-They DOUBLE book appointments!! So be ready to wait at least 40 minutes! Now for this Dr. He comes in the exam room without even looking at my son's x-rays and evaluated him way too quick. Then he says for him to get another set of x-rays before we come back to the second appointment but I went to another Dr to get a second opinion and the Dr says it not necessary to expose him of more radiation. I believe this Dr is there only for the money and doesn't care or treats the patient professionally. It's so sad to see this in Dr offices! Dr. Ahmad, please do yourself a favor and please retire and ENJOY your retirement

March 4th, 2011
Professional Engineer, M.A., B.S., M.S., licensed in 23 states
I dont know what this doctors real expertise is, but it is certainly not modern or Western medicine. His examination of me was the shabbiest I have ever been subjected to; his questions had very little to do with my problem; He did not touch the area of my hurt; he had no medical diagnosis. He did not review the x-rays or the MRIs I brought with me and he had the nerve to dismiss other reputable doctors findings and recommendations by repeatedly saying: I am an old fashion doctor; I dont believe in any injections, medical interventions and other such things. Do not do anything. Cortisone injections are no good -- you might be addicted and begin to take steroids by mouth. Avoid surgical interventions -- you will be left worse than you are. Talk to 30 people and you will see In short, I believe he is an embarrassment to the American medical community and a great danger to his patients. Appointent weiting time was 1hr and 45 minutes in a very sbabby office!

January 6th, 2017