A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Iqbal Akhter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Iqbal Akhter is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akhter
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Specialties & Research
Dr. Iqbal Akhter, FACR, MD is board certified in Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhter graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Akhter has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Crossroads Community Hospital
- Good Samaritan Regional Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Iqbal M Akhter FACR and MD is a male Rheumatologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. Iqbal M. Akhter practice?
- Dr. Iqbal Akhter has 3 office locations.
Dr. Iqbal Akhter practices Rheumatology near Herrin, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Mount Vernon, IL.
See Herrin Rheumatologists.