A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Cheifetz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cheifetz
Diabetes Patient Education Learn about types of diabetes and diabetic patient symptoms, causes and treatments with out patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cheifetz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Cheifetz, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- High-Frequency Ventilation
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheifetz graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Cheifetz has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira M Cheifetz MD is a male Pediatrician, has 23 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Ira M. Cheifetz practice?
- Dr. Ira Cheifetz has 1 office location.
Dr. Ira Cheifetz practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine near Durham, NC.
See Durham Pediatricians and Durham Critical Care Practitioners.