A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Cheifetz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Cheifetz, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- High-Frequency Ventilation
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheifetz graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Cheifetz has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cheifetz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans