Dr. Ira Felman MD Patient Reviews

3.4

June 6th, 2011
Dr.Felman was an awesome oncologist in my opinion! My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and the prognosis was bad. He was realistic with our family. He was straight forward and that was a characteristic I appreciated. I strongly believe that it was because of his knowledge and experience that he gave me and my family 10 normal years with mom. Thanks Dr. Felman!

April 6th, 2011
Dr Ira Felman should be removed from his practice....
Dr. Felman has a condesending and stereotypical way of treating his patients. He is not at all professional and talks down to his patients and patient concerned family members. He does not take the time to explain treatment and is not at all well versed in Oncology and Hematology. I had a terriable experience with his bed side manner and overall quality of care. If you are a patient who wants to get better do not go to him for treatment. You will die before you get cured!!

December 28th, 2010
Absolute nightmare
Our experience with Dr. Felman was absolutely horrible. My father was a patient of Dr. Felman last year. We had to wait over an hour each time we had an appointment. Dr. Felman missed his diagnosis completely. He then filed for bankruptcy without any notice. We felt abandoned and lost. We are much happier with his new doctor. He now is getting the care he should have received last year. We hope no-one else suffers like we did.

November 6th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor and Staff!
Dr. Felman is a wonderful, caring, professional oncologist. He answered all my questions and even called my family on the phone to answer all their questions. The staff is warm and caring. It feels like family.The San Gabriel office is professional and very clean. I highly recommend this doctor and office.

May 22nd, 2010
Although your wait can be as long as 45 minutes to see the doctor I believe he is well worth the wait. He is very caring and takes the time to explain your treatment and answer your questions. He was also very open to taking phone calls from family members with questions. The office is clean and professional and the staff is VERY nice and caring.

January 13th, 2010
Very caring oncologist.
Dr. Felman was very caring and helpful.

October 11th, 2009
My overall experience is a positive one. Dr Felman is very compassionate and competent. He is willing to answer all of your questions until you completely understand your situation. The staff is very friendly and pleasant. I cant say enough good things about all of them.

September 1st, 2009
Inadequate
She didn't seem to understand that I was seeking different alternatives for treatment. Instead she created a treatment plan without "me" in mind.

October 26th, 2008
Out in left-field
To me, Dr Felman makes decisions without getting all of the relevant info, and sometimes comes to the wrong conclusion. If I had not done my homework, I would have been put on the wrong medicine. This is only one of many examples.

September 26th, 2008
Excellent Care
The staff were excellent. Greg Knutzen, NP who did the initial evaluation was extremely caring and very friendly and professional, (He's GREAT!!). Dr. Felman was honest and straight forward. He gave our family his full attention when aswering questions during this difficult time. He made our family comfortable and we are confident with having him as our mothers doctor.