A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Fox:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Fox is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fox
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fox Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Fox, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Gene Therapy
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Intestinal Diseases
- Liver Cirrhosis (Experimental)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Failure (Acute)
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Transplantation
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fox graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Fox has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira Jacob Fox MD is a male Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Ira J. Fox practice?
- Dr. Ira Fox has 3 office locations.
Dr. Ira Fox practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Omaha, NE.
Additional practice locations include: Pittsburgh, PA.
See Omaha Surgeons.