A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Fox:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Fox is Average.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Fox, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Gene Therapy
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Intestinal Diseases
- Liver Cirrhosis (Experimental)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Failure (Acute)
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Transplantation
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fox graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Fox has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira Jacob Fox MD is a male Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Ira J. Fox practice?
- Dr. Ira Fox has 2 office locations.
Dr. Ira Fox practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Omaha, NE.
Additional practice locations include: Pittsburgh, PA.
See Omaha Surgeons.