Dr. Ira Knepp MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 6th, 2017
Fantastic Doctor
This is always an easy appt. for me.. I feel at ease and know that Doctor Knepp will take care of me. He is kind and listens to you. Answers all questions. The staff is great too.

March 18th, 2016
Warning this office will raise stress level
When first started seeing Dr Knepp was happy with him,(about 10 years ago) now a different story. Hardly ever see him always the Pa Ms Anderson. Getting test results back are horrible, god forbid if you have questions. Never get the same person to talk with therefore never get questions answered or get conflicting answers to same questions. They are always rushing through the apoitment to go to next patient. Ya feel like a number not a person. When getting ready to do a treatment like harvoni for hep good luck getting answers. Don't assume they're right! Research and call others. I actually have my blood work and other tests done at another office so that I get my results in a week verses a month. Because there office is horrible about calling with results! I'm only still going there because no other gastro offices in the area.

December 14th, 2015
I'm not sure why several people gave this doctor high ratings. He ran several test on me to determine the cause of my abdominal pain and found nothing concrete. So he recommended surgery. I thought that was a really premature diagnosis. He also told me that if I did not follow his advice then there wasn't much more he could do for me. Rather than take his advice, I went and got a second opinion. The second doctor disagreed with the diagnosis and simply switched my medication. My pain was largely gone within 2 weeks! It is scary to think that I might have undergone unnecessary surgery with all the associated long-term side effects (not to mention cost) when all I needed to treat my acid reflux was a different medication! I would put Dr. Knepp squarely on the "avoid" list.

October 30th, 2015
Dr. Knepp seems like a competent caring person. However, after 3 months under his care, my GI issue (stomach and esophageal burning) remained undiagnosed and there has been no follow up by the doctor on my latest test results. As with many physicians, he relies heavily on his nurse practitioner (Anderson) to deal with patients and she is often the one who makes diagnoses and treatment recommendations. The nurse, instead of the doctor, was the one who read my latest test results and has directed me to a surgeon for gall bladder removal even though my symptoms don't match those for gall bladder disease. I have already gotten a second opinion on this recommendation, which is that the gall bladder removal recommendation was extremely premature. It also appears that the doctor and nurse don't coordinate very well as I have received conflicting information from them. Bottom line: I would not recommend this doctor, not because he is not qualified but because he is obviously overworked and cannot keep up with his patients who have disorders that are not easily diagnosed.

July 21st, 2011
Dr. Knepp and staff has treated me wonderfully. He was very quick to diagnose my problem and kept in touch with me. His P.A. Ms. Wiles is on e of the most caring people I have ever met as is Dr. Knepp.

April 29th, 2011
Dr. J. Donnell Carley, Jr.

July 2nd, 2010
WONDERFUL BEDSIDE MANNER
I CAME TO KNOW DR. KNEPP WITH HIM TREATING MY FATHER. HE WAS SO NICE AND CARING NOT ONLY TO MY DAD BUT TO THE FAMILY AS WELL. I KNEW I WOULD WANT THIS MAN TO BE MY DOCTOR. I AM SO GLAD. AS A PATIENT - YOU COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER DOCTOR.

December 17th, 2016