Dr. Ira Lown Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ira Lown?

January 26th, 2016

Options

My appointment with Dr. Lown today was a total fiasco and loss of my time. His medical assistant was not trained to address the patient on his (her) last name and/or to courteously ask " How would you like to be addressed?" Dr. Lown introduced himself upon entering the examination room but made no efforts to even try to pronounce my name. I was disappointed about his lack of compassion, poor bedside manners and in general failure to show respect for the patient and patient's concerns. He presented no alternatives to surgery, was stubborn in his approach to solve the problem, was unable to back up with literature his recommendation and was unable to convince me why his recommended procedure is the only option. He totally rejected any other minimally invasive alternative.

July 21st, 2012

Dr. Ira Lown answered all my questions regarding my surgery.I give him an A+ for an exceptional service.

July 11th, 2012

Terrific!

I would highly recommend Dr. Lown & Lisa. I have nothing but good things to say about them both. I HAD Dupuytrens in both hands. I had surgery on my right & the new injection procedure on my left just recently and I'm delighted with the results.

May 26th, 2011

Katherine Graham, Esq.

I have had a lifetime of medical problems, and as a result I have had a panoply of interactions with physicians and specialists in a plethora of medical areas and expertise. I have never, however, encountered anyone with the acumen, and focus upon a patient's precise needs (mine in this case) as Dr. Ira G Lown. More specifically, my experience with surgeons in general has been with the directive to proceed to surgery ASAP without providing other less invasive and viable alternatives for the patient. At the time of my first office visit, I was thoroughly examined (another plus) by Dr. Ira G Lown, and his excellent staff concerning my crippling right hand problem of trigger fingers. Dr. Lown presented an incredibly detailed explanation of my problem along with all alternatives for care. He then began my treatment utilizing steroid shots - a quick, relatively painless, and least invasive procedure in order to treat my problem. The next day, after a great night's sleep (without locking fingers and pain for the first time in months) - my hand has returned to 90% of its normal capacity and activity. Moreover, for the record here, my right hand is critical for my everyday needs, and quality of life because my son is Deaf and our communication relies exclusively upon American Sign Language (ASL). Accordingly, I cannot recommend Dr. Ira G Lown highly enough. As a retired attorney, who frankly has "seen it all" from a to zed - he is the absolute best any prospective patient could do for thorough, precise, accurate, caring, and respectful specialist of the highest quality in this specialty.

May 12th, 2010

Slimy!

I believe there have been many lawsuits brought against Ira G. Lown for botched surgeries and for lying about being Board certified. Check out the Tex ...

August 7th, 2017