Dr. Ira Markowitz MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

October 18th, 2016
Dr. Markowitz diagnosed a subclavian carotid blockage in my neck in 2000 and performed bypass surgery almost immediately. He was very direct, very professional.

May 1st, 2016
Great. Doc ..... Some multiple doctors without help this man spent time and energy figured it out...liked him

June 29th, 2015
He is rude doctor... Very rude.

October 23rd, 2014
What a Pompous JERK
Without a shadow of a doubt this.this...well Ira P Markowitz is a child. And just think if the above 4 star reviews are genuine ( which they of course aren't). Then he is one bipolar madman because the previous 4 one stars are logically True.

January 27th, 2014
Complete jerk and will seriously harm you if you go to him. All he wants is patients money and doesnt care about anyone.

December 7th, 2011
Steve Rogers
I would not be alive today if it were not for Dr. Markowitz. I cannot thank this man enough for what he has done for me

November 13th, 2011
Amazing!

August 15th, 2010
Dr. Markowitz is a very kind and professional person. His focus is on the consistent care for his patients. He is a type A personality, and exhausts all means for the needs of his clientell. He acts fast on aberrant findings. I trust myself to his care. His office staff are so sweet, caring, and assist in all ways the needs of the patient. I highly recommend any one looking for a Dr. that is a patient advocate to go to him.

April 30th, 2010
The best surgeon in New Orleans
I went to see Dr. Markowitz because I had pain in my legs. He walked in and spent 45 minutes with me going through my history. First of all, no doctor ever spends 45 minutes with a patient, but he really took his time with me. His staff was very nice and helpful. After going through many tests, He diagnosed me with P.A.D. (which is low blood-flow), and I needed to have surgery. Its been 6 months since my surgery and I feel great. No more pain in my leg! Dr. Markowitz is very confident in his work. He is an excellent surgeon and I would reccommend anyone seeing him if you have bloodflow problems or pain in your legs or feet.

October 22nd, 2009
Excellent surgeon, terrible social skills
Dr. Markowitz saved my brother's life; for that my entire family is grateul.However, Dr. Markowitz destroyed any respect we had for him when - after he learned that my brother had no insurance - he demanded that WE (not my brother) pay him a lump sum for his services even before my bother was out of the ICU.He tried to bully us by threatening to move my brther to another hospital (something he has no power to do). Simply unprofessional and unethical. He s good at what he does, but should stay away from concious people.

April 15th, 2009
VERY HAPPY WITH DR MARKOWITZ
I DON'T FEEL THAT I WOULD STILL BE ALIVE WITHOUT DR MARKOWITZ. HE HAS SAVED ME SEVERAL TIMES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS AND HAS PUT ME WITH A TEAM OF DOCTORS THAT, LIKE HIM, HAVE GIVEN ME THE BEST CARE. I COULDN'T THANK DR MARKOWITZ ENOUGH FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR ME.

December 17th, 2008
Well trained in extracting money from his patients at any cost.