inactive

Ira L Mitchell Jr MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

October 20th, 2016
Changes need to be made.
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Lyman Mitchell for about 20 years. When we first started coming, he was the most kind, concerned person in the world, telling me if I ever needed to call him to make sure the receptionist knew I need to talk with him now. In the last few years, things have changed. He is still kind, but he seems to always be in a hurry and sometimes he forgets things that he has to be reminded of. But most of all, he has a so called "nurse", who is not a nurse, who acts as if she is the most unhappy person in the world. She seems to dislike us for some reason and when she sees us in the waiting room, she always has someone else call us back. In an office check up recently with my husband, Dr. Mitchell had mentioned we needed flu shots and she just came in and rudely interrupted while he was still talking to us, slammed a needle in each of our arms and didn't say a word. The proper thing to do was stay out of the room until he got through with our session and then give us the shot. Has anyone else had a problem with Charlie?

June 18th, 2013
Used to be great but things have really changed...
We have used Dr. Mitchell from the beginning when he first began his practice. He would have gotten 4 stars all the way then. Now his office staff has changed. The front desk people are usually always rude, they never answer the phone it always goes to voice mail so they have to call you back. If you work, you are not always available to receive their return call - IF they actually call you back. The back office staff is usually very friendly. Dr. Mitchell used to always be so prompt and you could count on him to do what he said. Our experience the last few years is you are lucky if he calls you back. We have grown tired of having to wait on him. We are in the process of finding a new doctor.