Overall Review

3.8

October 28th, 2015
I read a lot about not being able to get an appointment with ease, as for myself, a few years ago I went through a personal medical issue and needed a pc asap and they took me within days(it was not necessarily an emergency) and he was easy to talk to, prescribed me the proper medications and I continue to see him now. I have a thing about hospitals and dr's and he makes me feel comfortable and I don't drag my heels to go to my appts. The drive is pretty far now, since they left Feeding Hills and I would say that is the only downside.

May 19th, 2010
would not recommend going here
he seems like he does not know what he is talking about, i review on the internet then go here and i know more about my injury or illness then he does. already switched him as pc doctor. don't even bother

November 15th, 2009
Don't hold your breath waiting for an appt or you'll die first.
He sure won't remember your name and he can be condescending, but honestly, the biggest problem with Dr. Nathanson is that even if you've been a long-time patient as I have, you can't get in to see him! I've been told to go to the ER if I couldn't wait nearly a WEEK for an appt because he wouldn't be getting me in despite my having developed serious symptoms. I would understand if I was calling with, say, just a sore throat and fever,but there is no triage there and obviously no urgent care appts available for people who need it. He'd rather you drop big bucks that you don't have in the ER. Additionally, there is no followup there after bloodwork, so you have to assume it's fine, I guess. I'm switching PCPs because of this.

June 28th, 2009
He's pretty good....but....
he won't remember your name or anything about you without reading it, and, sometimes, you show up pretty sick and instead of pretending to care, he kind of makes you feel blown off. He does prescribe the medicine you need or orders tests, but if nothing were wrong to warrant the non-chalant attitude, you'd be sent home on Tylenol or you probably wouldn't have made the appt in the first place!!

June 7th, 2008
An overall well-rounded PCP
My review is in line with the more recent review. I've had no trouble getting what I needed for prescriptions, but he is careful not to overprescribe as a doctor should be. He is awful with remembering your name, actually, he only knows it if you are a frequent flyer or if he looks at your name on your chart before he enters the room! He orders tests when they are needed and doesn't when they are not. I wouldn't say he's deeply invested in you, but he's a good doctor who gives appropriate care.