A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Ockene:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Ockene is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ockene
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Ockene Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Ockene, MD, PHD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Body Weight
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vasospasm
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
Education & Awards
Dr. Ockene graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Ockene has 11 hospital affiliations:
- U Mass Memorial Medical Center
- Clinton Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira S Ockene MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Ira S. Ockene practice?
- Dr. Ira Ockene has 1 office location.
Dr. Ira Ockene practices Cardiovascular Disease near Worcester, MA.
See Worcester Cardiologists.