A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Ockene:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Ockene, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Body Weight
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vasospasm
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
Education & Awards
Dr. Ockene graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Ockene has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Clinton Hospital
- U Mass Memorial Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ockene accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 6 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 7 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ira S. Ockene practice?
Dr. Ira Ockene practices Cardiovascular Disease near Worcester, MA.
See Worcester Cardiologists.