A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Ockene:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Ockene, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
He has special expertise in 16 Areas, including Body Weight, Cardiovascular Disease, and Coronary Disease.13 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Ockene graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Ockene has 10 hospital affiliations:
- U Mass Memorial Medical Center
- Marlborough Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ockene accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 6 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 7 plans
More Accepted Insurance