A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Piel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Piel, Medical Oncologist/Hematologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Piel
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Piel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Piel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Piel graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Piel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira Joel Piel MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Ira J. Piel practice?
- Dr. Ira Piel has 1 office location.
Dr. Ira Piel practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Gurnee, IL.
See Gurnee Internists and Gurnee Oncologists.