Overall Review

October 19th, 2016
Outstanding care!
Dr. Shafran has been our doctor for over 10 years. He and his staff, are very caring and thorough. I have recommended him to many people and they have all been impressed with his no nonsense attitude.

October 6th, 2015
Outstanding!
My review is WAY overdue because Dr. Ira Shafran treated and saved my critically ill mother during an extended stay in Florida Hospital back in 1999. While a myriad of other doctors and specialists had given up all hope and essentially washed their hands in regard to her care, Dr. Shafran treated her (and us) as if we were family. He organized a dream team of doctors who worked together in an amazing manner which resulted in my mother not only being able to survive, but to come home and live another 5 wonderfully semi-independent years at home with her family. She even took a family trip to Aruba with us at age 78, 3 years after her hospital release! Her former doctors were adamant that she would never even survive her hospital stay and chastised us for even trying to hold on to hope. Dr. Shafran does more than treat his patients. He CARES for them. We are forever thankful to Dr. Shafran for his kind and loving intervention into my mother's case so long ago.

March 2nd, 2015
Best GI doc in the business!

January 20th, 2014
Average Gastroenterologist Office
I had high expectations of Dr. Shafran's office especially coming recommended from a family member. The wait time for my appointment was around 45 minutes, which is average to some offices, and I would have been fine with the delay had it not been for the front office not having my forwarded medical records. Fortunately I did have a copy of my medical records with me. I was quite taken aback with the receptionist's attitude towards me feeling as though she were placing blame on me for her not having my medical records (mind you I had a copy of the return receipt from the fax machine so some how the office must have received it). When I initially made the appointment the receptionist did not say a thing about the doctor not being able to see with gastro paresis and it wasn't until during my appointment Dr. Shafran informed me he would not be able to assist me in my care and that I find another specialist. Already waiting for 3 weeks for this appointment you can imagine my distress and anger upon hearing this after all the hoops I had to jump through. Had the receptionist informed me from the beginning this could have all been avoided. The office seemed cordial for the most part but rather unprofessional having patient / healthcare discussions in front of other patients with no privacy. I will not be coming back to this office.

September 25th, 2013
Best doctor in Central Florida
I have been a patient of this practice for many years. Everyone who works there follows Dr. Shafran's example of compassion, respect and excellent patient care.

September 3rd, 2013
Great doctor, not so great receptionist
I have Crohn's disease and have been seeing Dr. Shafran for many years. He is a great physician who has saved me time and time again. Only downfall is the receptionist Kaylee. Extremely short, does not seem happy to help. This is extremely stressful especially when already having a disease that can be set off from stress.

August 4th, 2013
contact
Secretary Pyra answers the doctor's mail. Highly unusual and not even courteous.

September 28th, 2012
great GI doctor
thank you Dr Shafran and staff for the excellent care you provide to me and my family.

August 30th, 2012
Hard to get a hold of even during business hours. Did not return several calls.Did not follow up after procedure and dismissed concerns I had about the procedure.He was recommended to me by a good friend and I was really disappointed, perhaps he actually listens to her and calls her back.

May 1st, 2012
Dr. Shafran is the most kind, caring, and compassionate human being that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. His is one of the only offices today that a live person actually answers the phone. And Dr. Shafran actually calls patients personally. I cannot say enough good things about this man.

November 19th, 2011
barbara cianchinibbb
BEST OF THE BEST, NO ONE ELSE CARES AS MUCH FOR HIS PATIENS. DR, YOU ARE SO GOOD TO US, MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALWAYS, THANK YOU.

May 22nd, 2009
I never thought going to thr Doctors office could be fun... The staff, the Doctor and even the Doggie mascots make it truly a pleasurable experience... They really have their act together! Thanks for getting my "butt" in gear!