Dr. Ira Shafran Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ira Shafran?

Good Friendly Doctor.

Posted on August 28th, 2017

I love this doctor, He was the one who targets on the cause of the disease instead of treating the inflammation from Crohn's. I fell in love in my very first visit to see him.

Best Gastro Around. Period

Posted on July 30th, 2017

Dr Shafran was recommended to me by a patient who was in remission back many years ago. I have been to a few gastroenterologist before him so I have met a few. I learned that doctor Shafran was more than just a doctor he was also involved in research. He is very interested in the overall well being of his patients and has offered cutting edge clinical research trials patients that were interested. I highly recommend Dr Shafran to anyone needing a Gastroenterologist.

Outstanding care!

Posted on October 20th, 2016

Dr. Shafran has been our doctor for over 10 years. He and his staff, are very caring and thorough. I have recommended him to many people and they have all been impressed with his no nonsense attitude .

Outstanding!

Posted on October 6th, 2015

My review is WAY overdue because Dr. Ira Shafran treated and saved my critically ill mother during an extended stay in Florida Hospital back in 1999. While a myriad of other doctors and specialists had given up all hope and essentially washed their hands in regard to her care, Dr. Shafran treated her (and us) as if we were family. He organized a dream team of doctors who worked together in an amazing manner which resulted in my mother not only being able to survive, but to come home and live another 5 wonderfully semi-independent years at home with her family. She even took a family trip to Aruba with us at age 78, 3 years after her hospital release! Her former doctors were adamant that she would never even survive her hospital stay and chastised us for even trying to hold on to hope. Dr. Shafran does more than treat his patients. He CARES for them. We are forever thankful to Dr. Shafran for his kind and loving intervention into my mother's case so long ago.

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

Best GI doc in the business!

Average Gastroenterologist Office

Posted on January 20th, 2014

I had high expectations of Dr. Shafran's office especially coming recommended from a family member. The wait time for my appointment was around 45 minutes, which is average to some offices, and I would have been fine with the delay had it not been for the front office not having my forwarded medical records. Fortunately I did have a copy of my medical records with me. I was quite taken aback with the receptionist's attitude towards me feeling as though she were placing blame on me for her not having my medical records (mind you I had a copy of the return receipt from the fax machine so some how the office must have received it). When I initially made the appointment the receptionist did not say a thing about the doctor not being able to see with gastro paresis and it wasn't until during my appointment Dr. Shafran informed me he would not be able to assist me in my care and that I find another specialist. Already waiting for 3 weeks for this appointment you can imagine my distress and anger upon hearing this after all the hoops I had to jump through. Had the receptionist informed me from the beginning this could have all been avoided. The office seemed cordial for the most part but rather unprofessional having patient / healthcare discussions in front of other patients with no privacy. I will not be coming back to this office.

Best doctor in Central Florida

Posted on September 25th, 2013

I have been a patient of this practice for many years. Everyone who works there follows Dr. Shafran's example of compassion, respect and excellent patient care.

Great doctor, not so great receptionist

Posted on September 4th, 2013

I have Crohn's disease and have been seeing Dr. Shafran for many years. He is a great physician who has saved me time and time again. Only downfall is the receptionist Kaylee. Extremely short, does not seem happy to help. This is extremely stressful especially when already having a disease that can be set off from stress.

Doctor's Response

We are saddened to hear that things here stressed you out. We try to make it a "fun" place, one that is friendly, not the usual Doctor's office. Since we do not have specifics here and don't know if the office check out and phones were extra busy at that time, we can only apologize and try to do a better job. Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

contact

Posted on August 4th, 2013

Secretary Pyra answers the doctor's mail. Highly unusual and not even courteous.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, Very sorry to hear about this, usually Priya is very sweet, kind & accommodating... Just to let you know, Priya no longer works here. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

great GI doctor

Posted on September 28th, 2012

thank you Dr Shafran and staff for the excellent care you provide to me and my family.

Posted on August 30th, 2012

Hard to get a hold of even during business hours. Did not return several calls.Did not follow up after procedure and dismissed concerns I had about the procedure.He was recommended to me by a good friend and I was really disappointed, perhaps he actually listens to her and calls her back.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient... So very sorry that you feel this way and would like to respond to your comments; however, we do not know who you are to make a response. It is very unusual that we do not answer phones, we actually do not have a message system and a real person should answer. Also we always address & respond to messages and get back to patients with their results to a test or procedure. Normally, a patient is called back the next day with their blood work. We call a patient in the afternoon to see how they are doing after their procedure that day, to see if they have any questions or concerns and to make their follow-up appointment if needed. We always strive to help and be as compassionate to our patients as possible... however, sometimes mistakes or over sites happen and we try to rectify these if we can. We apologize if you fell through the cracks... you are welcome to contact our office and we will be happy to see if we can resolve your issues or concerns. We are available between 9am-6pm Monday-Thursday and close for lunch between 12-1... Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Posted on May 1st, 2012

Dr. Shafran is the most kind, caring, and compassionate human being that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. His is one of the only offices today that a live person actually answers the phone. And Dr. Shafran actually calls patients personally. I cannot say enough good things about this man.