A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Spar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Spar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spar
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Spar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Spar, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Spar graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Spar has 15 hospital affiliations:
- New Britain General Hospital
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira L Spar MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 43 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Ira L. Spar practice?
- Dr. Ira Spar has 1 office location.
Dr. Ira Spar practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Plantsville, CT.
See Plantsville Orthopedic Surgeons and Plantsville Surgeons.