A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Spar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Spar is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spar
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Spar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Spar, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Spar graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Spar has 15 hospital affiliations:
- New Britain General Hospital
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira L Spar MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 44 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Ira L. Spar practice?
- Dr. Ira Spar has 1 office location.
Dr. Ira Spar practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Plantsville, CT.
See Plantsville Surgeons and Plantsville Orthopedic Surgeons.