Dr. Ira Spiler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

January 16th, 2015
Called to speak with him regarding my aging father and refused to speak with me regardless of having Joppa forms signed. Horrible bedside manor! Honestly I cannot believe this man helps people after the way he spoke to me.

April 8th, 2014
uncaring doctor
Rude, crude uncaring. I waited over one hour each visit. Then he talked to me for less than 6 minutes. However he did not charge me for 6 minutes! I was told he doesn't answer questions he will ask them.

August 15th, 2013
Horrible doctor..... Terrible disposition.... Has no empathy for his patients at all.... He does not care, and extremely unprofessional...... Run for the hills. Do not go see this doctor at all. Was extremely rude, and totally disrespectful to me, and also hung up the phone on me.....

May 8th, 2013
PATIENTS
YOU WALK AWAY FROM , A PATIENT - WHAT KIND OF DR , DOES THAT , ???? ALSO , YOU LET ME WAIT 3HRS - THEN A PA - WANTS 2 TALK 2 ME - YOU HAVE NO TIME , TO SPEAK TO YOUR PATIENTS ???????????????? JUST SEND OUT BILLS - THIS WILL BE LOOKED INTO - ETC ETC - E-MAILS - CALLS - COMPLAINT ETC ETC YOU WILL HEAR FROM , OTHER PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY ... IF U DO NOTHING - - NOTHING GETS DONE SHAME ON YOU , AND YOUR STAFF

March 11th, 2013
awful
please avoid, he is the worst ever.

September 20th, 2012
Saved my life
I've been his patient for 25 years. He diagnosed a problem no one else could figure out and saved my life. I would not willingly go to anyone else. He does not suffer fools. He is not there to talk about your family or other illnesses. He gives it to you straight. He listens when I describe a problem with medication and is willing to work with me to change it. He knows my issues inside and out, and other doctors have no clue even when I tell them what is wrong. He is not Dr. Kildaire but he is the best.

September 9th, 2012
im a nurse who encounters him multiple times and observe his works for years.i mean years. dr spiller may lack & needs the grace of a politician but he can treat your diabetes with accuracy and meticulousness. wonder why other doctors wants him to be consulted for Diabetes problems.i prefer doctors who can be straight and upfront with pt on how to manage their diabetes than MDs who will bow down to pts capriciousness and non-compliant behavior.BUT its your choice!WELL-MANAGED diabetes or still UNCONTROLLED DIABETES with all its LIFE-SUFFERING complications with a sweet-talking-coward-not sure MDs?!. its a FREE WORLD!But I noticed Dr Spiller is improving now on his bedside manners TO PATIENTS AND NURSES, THANK GOD !FINALLY!BSN-RN-MSN-BC

November 29th, 2011
Seek a better professional; current and better bed side manner.
Dr. Spilar, as well as his office staff forget they are in a service business of health care to patients. My initial call felt like a military drill Sergeant, then telling me it would be 6 months before I could see the doctor. A short follow-up to my primary doctor (though I noted my referring doctor clearly) and amazingly Dr. Spliar has an opening the next day. In short, Dr. Spilar is easily intimidated from a patient with any knowledge of their health status. He was not reception to my updates or reviews, only interested in his "one size fits all" approach to medicine. My follow-up calls to his office for prescriptins he ordered were met with delays ands carelessness, repeatedly. I actually received a call (due to pre-authorization) requirements from Dr. Spilar telling me "this is a lot of work if my office has to call and complete these forms". My response, was "this is the healthcare system which make you rich and you've helped to create. Don't complain to me." In short, after several weeks of frustration and lacking follow-up, I saw another doctor who found several items Dr. Spilar missed, and shouldn't have. Was it in part that he the radiology group has a posted letter on their wall Dr. Spilar DOES NOT WANT ANY FILMS, only the written report? Hopefully, you get the idea. Dr. Spilar should retire, as this would benefit more patients. I hope this helps. I can not recommend this doctor in good conciseness.

August 10th, 2011
Extremely rude! Arrogant! Unfortunately I have a chance to see him how he treats nurses in the hospital and other healthcare professionals. He has no respect to people, patients, nurses, other doctors, NOBODY at all! I have no idea how some people give him good rates, because his attitude is every time I see him simply RIDICULOUS! i don't care how "good" or accurate he can be with diagnosing an illness, but the whole "package" needs to count as well, and he is lacking the bedside manners. I would never ever recommend this doctor, there are other endocrinologists who are accurate, NICE, give you respect and actually listen, instead of calling you a PSYCHO. He is a psycho himself!

July 22nd, 2011
RedChariot65
Highly knowlegeble. keeps good records. Knows his patients. Very respected in medical community

May 19th, 2011
David
Most caring and knowlegeable doctor. Very accurate and helpfull. Best staff

July 11th, 2010
worst doctor ever
i do not reccommend this guy