A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Smith, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Legionnaires Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Respiratory Failure
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Disorders
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Virtua West Jersey Hospital - Marlton
- Kennedy Memorial Hospital-Umc-Cherry Hill
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ira U. Smith practice?
Dr. Ira Smith practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Mount Laurel, NJ.
See Mount Laurel Internists, Mount Laurel Pulmonologists, Mount Laurel Critical Care Practitioners, and Mount Laurel Sleep Medicine Doctors.