A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Wong:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wong
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Wong Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Wong, MD, MS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Eye Diseases
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wong graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Wong has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira Gene Wong MD and MS is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Ira G. Wong practice?
- Dr. Ira Wong has 1 office location.
Dr. Ira Wong practices Ophthalmology near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Ophthalmologists.