A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Wong:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Wong, MD, MS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Eye Diseases
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wong graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Wong has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wong accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 7 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ira G. Wong practice?
Dr. Ira Wong practices Ophthalmology near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Francisco, CA and Stanford, CA.
See Palo Alto Ophthalmologists.