A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Zaltz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Zaltz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Zaltz, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Zaltz graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Zaltz has 19 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Zaltz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ira Zaltz practice?
Dr. Ira Zaltz practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatrics, and Sports Medicine near Royal Oak, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Detroit, MI and Saint Clair Shores, MI.
See Royal Oak Surgeons, Royal Oak Orthopedic Surgeons, Royal Oak Pediatricians, and Royal Oak Sports Medicine Doctors.