Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 11th, 2015

Office management is terrible, but Dr. Zaltz is wonderful.

Dr. Zalt is Amazing! show details Dr. Zalt is Amazing!
by Kari N., ann arbor on Feb 5th, 2015

Dr. Zaltz is an amazing surgeon! He knew exactly what the problem was with me, which was a relief after 2 yrs seeking trearment and no real diagnosis. He did a simple ultrasound to confirm that I had femoral ischial impingement. I had the hip surgery about 1 week ago, and after 4days, i was pain free and ready to resume nirmal activity. He said i would be running again (my true love) on less tham 3 months. The way i feel now, i am thinking it could be a month. Dr. Zaltz is genuine, honest, intelligent, efficient, and patieny. He never left the room without allowkng me to process all teh information and ask questions- which is uncommon for all the specialists i had seen prior. Super great guy-incredible work- nothing but positives to say about him. One downside is that the guy is so dang good, that you have to wait a while to get in. Even on the day of ypur appt, you may wait 1-2 hrs to be seen.

Jan 12th, 2014

I have had a few visits with Dr. Zaltz, and I usually wait about 1.5 hours to get called into an exam room, and he usually sees patients who came in after me prior to me. He has no respect for me or my time. He has also been extremely rude during all my visits, and prior to my surgery. Knowing what I know now, I would have not had surgery with Dr. Zaltz, I would have rather waited to find another dr. It also took me 3 months to be seen the first time, and another 6 months for surgery to be scheduled. All around awful experience.

VERY IMPRESSED show details VERY IMPRESSED
by Mike R on Sep 26th, 2013

After seeing two surgeons, both of whom, I felt had misdiagnosed my condition, I was referred to Dr. Zaltz by an industry insider. I am a semi-professional golfer and my ability to perform after surgery was extremely important to me. I have had 2 visits so far with Dr. Zaltz, he is ultra-conservative in his evaluations, and makes certain that he has all of the information he needs to adequately assess diagnose my condition. Prior to my second visit, he called me personally on his cell phone to schedule me in the early morning, he delayed a flight to the westcoast to see me. I am now properly diagnosed with an avulsion fracture and displaysia and will require an osteotomy. The first two surgeons thought i had only a torn labrum. Dr. Zaltz spent 2.5 hrs with me discussing my condition and answered any and all questions during my visit. I would recommend him to anyone.

Do not let him operate on you show details Do not let him operate on you
Mar 17th, 2013

Do not let this idiot operate on you. He will flat out lie to cover up his mistake, and make it look like you did something wrong and that is why your surgery did not work. He is incompetent,arrogant and rude. Trust me, I learned the hard way .

Parent... show details Parent...
Jul 16th, 2012

Dr. Zaltz is a FANTASTIC Doctor. He took the time to explain everything from pre surgery, Post surgery, Hospital stays etc. We LOVED the care he gave our 10 year old son. My son LOVED going to see him as well. We would recommend him to ANYONE! He went above and beyond as a Physician. The only con is getting an initial appointment takes time, but its worth the wait!!!!

Made a new Mom feel like an idiot... show details Made a new Mom feel like an idiot...
Mar 13th, 2012

I had to take my 1 week old daughter to see Dr. Zaltz for possible hip dysplasia. I'm a first time Mom, so I didn't exactly have it all together, especially at that point. He made me feel completely incompetent after she cried, messed her diaper (which he made me change, and made fun of me because they were cloth diapers), etc. The wait time was ridiculous (over an hour) with a fussy newborn baby. He seemed to have no regard for his patients. He spent about 5 minutes with me (after some other associate saw me first). We have to go back for a 6 month check up (which I tried to schedule in advance, but he was booked for 2 months!) but after this appointment, I will be asking our pediatrician for a different referral! Stay away! Ego problems!

Rude, would not recommend if Veryou don't need a hip arthroscopy show details Rude, would not recommend if Veryou don't need a hip arthroscopy
Jan 8th, 2012

Very rude, contradicted himself during exam. Glad he won't be operating on my hip.

Jul 15th, 2011

Dr. Zaltz is the cream of the crop! He deeply cares for his patients and invests all of himself into your care. He is a fabulous surgeon and his bedside manner is amazing! Like someone forgot to tell him he's a doctor. I would not go anywhere else but to him. I trust him, he's operated on both hips and i have done so well because of Dr. Zaltz. The office wait is long but once you see him, he makes your wait worth it as he will give you his undivided attention. Well worth it!

Jun 19th, 2011

Dr. Zaltz is an amazing physician who deeply cares for his patients. We are thankful to God for this man, his knowledge, his heart, and his professionalism. I trust him with my child's health and i am grateful for everything that he has done for my family. He cares about our child and has over the year taken good care of her. God Bless You Dr. Zaltz! You are a one of a kind physician.

He was the only Orthopedic Surgeon to correctly diagnose our son's condition show details He was the only Orthopedic Surgeon to correctly diagnose our son's condition
May 31st, 2011

Dr. Zalz was the only doctor to correctly asses my son's condition. He quickly explained what the condition was, how to treat it and what the surgery process would be and lont term progrnosis. recieving terrible news was only tempered by knowing finally what the promblem was. Dr. Zalz scheduled the surery quickly based on how severe his condition was. So far, we've had a good outcome and still Follow up with Dr. Zaltz.

The Most Skilled and Caring Doctor show details The Most Skilled and Caring Doctor
Apr 29th, 2011

Dr. Zaltz is the most compassionate doctor we have ever met, and is a highly skilled surgeon. He goes out of his way to not only treat our son, but to serve as a resource for him as he deals with his medical issues. His bedside manner is second to none. Dr. Zaltz has performed two successful surgeries on our son and we simply would not take him to see anyone else.

The BEST Dr. around!!! show details The BEST Dr. around!!!
by Keegan S. on Apr 27th, 2011

I have been taking my son to see Dr. Zaltz for almost 3 years. I can't say enough about him! He's a wonderful man, very knowledgeable and great with children. I would recommend him to anyone in need of his services. Definately worth the office wait to be seen by him. He is a true blessing and has worked miracles for my son through his extensive medical training.

Terrible Doctor show details Terrible Doctor
Jan 7th, 2011

this man took away years from my life. i have had one unnecessary surgery after the next because of this mans lack of responsibility. i have a huge scar and daily pain to remind me. The hip he didn't cut open is ironicly the one that doesn't hurt! I would warn everyone i know not to trust him with their bodys.

Ruined my life show details Ruined my life
by Scarred on Jan 4th, 2011

I have had dislocating patellas since I was in the 3rd grade. Both my mother and brother had the same condition I did. Both had corrective surgeries to fix this condition with no complications during and after surgery. I received surgery on both my knees from Dr Ira Zaltz at the age of 14. I am now 24. Ever since the surgery nothing good has come from it. Both knees still dislocate numerous times a month, I have severe arthritis, severe chronic pain, and for lack of a better word, severe malalignment. My R knee bends to max 90 degrees. And each day when i think the pain isnt that bad and i begin to forget about what i went through i look down and i see those 12 inch scars on my legs to remind me. (which by the way were completely unnecessary for what he did to me) I am writing this comment to warn people to research and do everything you can before you receive treatment let alone surgery from a doctor.

Torn Labrum Surgery show details Torn Labrum Surgery
by SHANNON S on Jan 1st, 2011

Dr. Zaltz literally saved my life!! after 10 yrs of suffering with a bone spur and torn labrum he was able to fix it up,EXCELLENT SURGEON!!!!!!!!!!

the worst!!!! show details the worst!!!!
Oct 11th, 2010

i have had three hip surgery's done by Dr Ira Zaltz. he has absolutely no bed side manor and after years and years of pain i am still in pain! he doesn't know why i still hurt but want to proceed keep doing more surgery's. i would never go back! the office also double and triple books appointments so there has been plenty of times ive waited over an hour in the waiting room and longer in the room to be seen for 5 min...hes a joke!

This man is an ego maniac show details This man is an ego maniac
Jul 15th, 2010

He is very full of himself, looks down on people and the wait time for the Beaumont office is over an hour. The staff even scheduled me for the wrong doctor which I did not find out until that dr's patients were told that he wasn't coming in so they all had to reschedule. I had waited over a half an hour before this mistake was known.

Jun 3rd, 2010

Dr. Zultz cares, a lot. He has helped me get through my problems emotionally and physically. I have type one diabetes as well as hip dysplasia. In October I will be having hip surgery. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

Engineer show details Engineer
by Steve on Feb 5th, 2010

Dr. Zults fixed a hip impingement on both of my sons hips. My son is now pain free and able to resume normal sporting activitys. My son is 15 years old and very active in Tae Kwon Do and school football. I would highly recommend Dr. Ira Zultz to anyone.

Dr. Ira Zaltz show details Dr. Ira Zaltz
Oct 29th, 2009

I really liked Dr. Zaltz. The only thing negative I can say is that his office staff (receptionists) have horrible manners. The wait time is ridiculous as he is often double and triple booked according to his staff. (I waited nearly three hours in his waiting room before I was called back and it was another 40 minutes before i saw Dr. Zaltz). While his reputation is outstanding, as well as his bedside manner, it is horrible to wait for a call back with test results.

Oct 16th, 2009

A terrible surgeon. I was never afraid to go to the doctor before I met him. Screamed and yelled at ME when the surgery didn't turn out as planned. Blamed me when it didn't work and was mad when I asked him to give me some other options. He told me my only options was to just fight through the pain for the rest of my life. I found a different surgeon who solved my problem... and left me painfree. I would NEVER go see Dr. Zaltz again. TERRIBLE bedside manner. Orthopedists should be embarassed that he is board certified.