Dr. Ira Zaltz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

November 3rd, 2016
Silly feud
It appears that Dr. Zaltz has a bad relationship with an old colleague and teacher, Dr. Nuzzo who also does percutaneous surgery. After seeing both of them, it is clear that they don't care for each other. Because of this, on my what is sure to be last visit(YAY) Dr. Zaltz ceased being helpful after learning that I chose Dr. Nuzzo for my surgery.

June 2nd, 2016
Highly Recommend Dr. Zaltz
I have had both hips reconstructed by Dr. Zaltz. He is an excellent surgeon and an even better person! He takes the time to explain and answer any questions that I've had and truly cares about his patients. He has called me a few times late on a Sunday evening to discuss test results and imaging. I would recommend anyone who is considering a PAO surgery.

April 5th, 2016
Dr. Zaltz performed a periacetabular osteotomy on me in October. He's AMAZING!!! My hip is fully recovered, and I actually see him tomorrow about having the other hip done. Hands down, best in the bus!!!

February 7th, 2016
This man ruined my life .. Do not let this man operate on you !!!!!

November 19th, 2015
It takes a long time to get into an appointment....but when you do it's worth it. Lot's of waiting in the waiting room - but you get what you wait for!

October 14th, 2015
MRI analysis
I like the fact that the Dr Zaltz reviewed my MRI without an office visit. In his review he said that my arthritis was not significant. Since I am able to more or less control the pain with Glucosamine/Chondroitin I should be fine and did not suggest any action. In fact, he asked if I was looking for surgery (not sure what he meant by that). Heck no, not at all. After our conversation I realized that he never mentioned the torn labrum that was identified when I got the MRI. Which is why I went to him in the first place. I just wanted to get more information on my injury and what if anything can be done because of the pain/discomfort I was experiencing, physical therapy? Or maybe that would be a bad thing, I don't know. Just some information and my options. Now I have my doubts if he even noticed the torn labrum since he never mentioned it or made any recommendations on dealing with it. Feels now like the whole process was a waste of my time. Not sure if I am going to keep dealing with this or find someone else. What a drag. Glad I did not pay for an office visit.

October 9th, 2015
Is there no consideration for the patient and her schedule and pain?
I was referred by another doctor because he (another orthopedist) knew I had hip dysplasia. He told me I would need an MRI before seeing Zaltz. It took 3 months to get in; my appointment was then rescheduled for three weeks later. He never looked at the MRI (because it wasn't from Beaumont, I'm guessing) and then ordered a CT scan. He couldn't do the needed surgery for 5 more months--and today, I got a call wanting to reschedule that. I'm looking else where and looking for recommendations

September 28th, 2015
Dr. Zaltz did my daughter surgery and I was and still is pleased with his work and I will always highly recommend him.

September 4th, 2015
Extremely Uncomfortable
terrible visit. very arrogant, said my previous dr who diagnosed my injury and referred me to him didn't know what he was talking about even though the MRI was proof that I was correctly diagnosed. Made me feel extremely uncomfortable and violated as a teenage girl. Acted as if I had no idea of what I was talking about when I was answering his questions. disregarded the fact that I was in pain and told me to take motrin and let it pass (although a labral tear does not heal on its own). finding another doctor.

July 27th, 2015
Overall Good Surgeon
My surgery was successful, and I am currently pain-free. He is a very good surgeon, but I am disappointed with the limited patient contact and absurd wait times at his office. I have visited him multiple times, and every time I had come on schedule. However, I had to wait for 1-3 additional hours to even be placed into a room. I would then wait another half an hour to talk to one of his residents, and then a little while longer until he would come in. After all that time, he would spend up to five minutes talking to my family and I. In addition, it takes about three months or so to have a first appointment with him. Although the timing is a frustrating issue that should be better regulated by his staff, this could be attributed to his immense skill as a surgeon. I would be surprised if he was not busy. I have known other people who had surgery by him as well, and they only had good things to say about their results. It will be well worth it in the long run, so take Dr. Zaltz into consideration.

June 11th, 2015
Office management is terrible, but Dr. Zaltz is wonderful.

February 5th, 2015
Dr. Zalt is Amazing!
Dr. Zaltz is an amazing surgeon! He knew exactly what the problem was with me, which was a relief after 2 yrs seeking trearment and no real diagnosis. He did a simple ultrasound to confirm that I had femoral ischial impingement. I had the hip surgery about 1 week ago, and after 4days, i was pain free and ready to resume nirmal activity. He said i would be running again (my true love) on less tham 3 months. The way i feel now, i am thinking it could be a month. Dr. Zaltz is genuine, honest, intelligent, efficient, and patieny. He never left the room without allowkng me to process all teh information and ask questions- which is uncommon for all the specialists i had seen prior. Super great guy-incredible work- nothing but positives to say about him. One downside is that the guy is so dang good, that you have to wait a while to get in. Even on the day of ypur appt, you may wait 1-2 hrs to be seen.