> > Patient Reviews
Internists, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)

|  mold illness  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

After 30 some doctors and fially getting diagnoised I went to several more so called mold specialists and spent over 10,000.00 I fianally found dr irene grant who has built up my imune system and liver and brought me back to health. My multiple chemical sensitivity was so bad I had to live in one room. I am now going back into the world after 10 months and look forward to my new life. My advice to you is you folloe everything she says and you to can get your life back. HATS OFF TO THIS WONDERFUL LADY.

|  Dr. Grant saved my life from grateful patient  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Grant since 1991. Dr. Grant saved my life with diagnosing my mold allergies, when my life prior to that was focused on sickness, doctors tests and no answers resulting in no substantial relief. Dr. Grant discovered my mercury toxicity and also successfully treated me for that as well as the mold toxicity/allergy. Dr. Grant also saved me from gall bladder surgery, by successfully treating me with 2 extremely strong antibiotics. Gall bladder removal is a catastrophic sentence to endure for one with IBS such as myself. Irene's equally nutritional expertise helped radically changed my relationship with food and skin health and daily products (skin, oral hygiene, cleansers, shampoo, 100% vegetable hair coloring, etc.) to an organic level. It costs more but between her top shelf medical and holistic care I now look and feel much better and 20 years younger. She came to my home for to help confirm mold presence, she fed me at her office when I was hungry, she let me lie down in her office for several hours when I felt too sick to leave and she always called me back the same day or evening, even when she was out of town. She told me she loves being a doctor because she can help the whole world. In my experience I hope to always keep Dr. Grant as my doctor. No one's acupuncture treatments were as powerful as hers. The best words to describe Dr. Grant are powerful healer, expert doctor in all areas that she specializes in, compassionate, loving, and results results results. She goes the extra mile too.

|  mold illness  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

I would have to say Dr. Grant has saved my life. I went to 30 some Dr. before finally being diagnosed with a mold illness the only problem is I then went to so called mold specialists who robbed me in amounts of up to 3000.00 to 4000.00 dollars in which my illness was getting worse with each treatment. Then finally we found Dr. Grant a wonderful infectious disease from Tarrytown N.Y who has been studing this horrific illness for at least 10 years. She has wonderful education as you can see on her site. She is getting my life back for me. Hats off to this wonderful Dr. Irene Grant.

|  show details
Aug 28th, 2011

When I arrived for my appointment with Dr Grant she was with another patient. The secretary/receptionists indicated that I would have about a ten minute wait which was fine since I was full of expectation to meet the doctor. When the wait stretched to 60 minutes with Dr. Grant walking to and fro from her private office being interrupted by phone calls I began to get irritated. Finally after calling me into her office she did not apologize for keeping me waiting. She spent only a few minutes asking me some basic questions before taking me to another room to disrobe and lie down on a table saying that she would be right back. I heard her on the phone in the next room having a conversation lasting for 15 minutes. When she came in Dr. Grant dabbed a piece of cotton over at least 8 different points on my body which she then stuck with needles never explaining what she was doing or why. While placing needles in my ear and on my chest she hung over me with her unkempt seemingly unwashed hair making me extremely uncomfortable. Then she vanished for about 30 minutes after indicating she would be back in 15 minutes. She pulls the needles out suggesting I should get dressed. After dressing I went out of the room and didn't know where to go. The secretary had left. After a few minutes Dr. Grant re-appeared and then sat me down to tell me what I needed to take. Handing me a few bottles, writing up a bill for over $300 she then explained that she had another patient on the table and had to go to her. She wanted to see me in two weeks. If I had any questions I was to call her.

|  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

She is very exceptional. She has gotten my life back after a horrific mold illness.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Liz Maffucci on May 30th, 2010

Dr. Grant is one of the best doctors I have gone to. She is so knowledgeable and caring. She spends more time than most doctors do with you.

|  excellent and caring doctor  |  show details
by Randi Hoffmann on Apr 7th, 2010

Dr. Grant is a wonderful doctor. She is knowledgeable regarding biomedicine, nutrition, acupuncture and Chinese herbs, and she possesses the wisdom regarding which approach or combination to use. She is caring and she listens. She is an excellent 'detective'; for this reason, she is especially good with difficult and chronic conditions. I am so happy she is my doctor.

|  If you have an ailment which no other doctor can help  |  show details
by S. March on Feb 11th, 2010

Dr Irene Grant has a wealth of knowledge in the medical field and has helped me in numerous ways. Trained in traditional medicine and specializing in infectious disease, she also persued a long study of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. She has totally cured me of back pain when I had to be driven lying down in the back of a car, and I walked out pain free, and without reoccuring pain more than 10 years ago.She has diagnosed me twice for Lyme disease, once with an obvious bull's-eye symptoms, and once without knowing even that I had a bit, and she has helped me with reoccuring symptoms over many, many years. She has cured me of fibromyalgia,parasites, digestive disorders, allegies, and more. She helped me to deal with those nagging situations like osteoporosis, fatigue, acid flux, sinus problems,and more. The list goes on. Once I broke 4 ribs, and she gave me the right Chinese medicine to get off of Perkoset or Morphine, without pain, without side effects. I don't like the side effects of a lot drugs. Dr Grant is amazing.If you have to wait a little bit in the office to see her it is well worth the wait. Dr. Grant is a busy lady. Take your time, she will talk to you, and you will be better for it.

|  Accupuncture  |  show details
by Oraibi Voumard on Feb 11th, 2010

In one last minute emergency visit, Irene solved a muscle tension issue that I have suffered for almost 4 months. The reality of this only makes sense if you know that I spent close to $3200 with different doctors prior to. After working with western medicine, a healer, a chiropractor, massage (many types), Ice therapy, yoga, facilitated stretching, rest and a nutritionist, I was convinced that I just needed to wait it out. In short, I saw everyone I knew before going to Irene - because I live in Martha's Vineyard, MA. I was taking a drive through New York and decided last minute to see if Irene would potentially see me. This issue was a deep tissue tension behind my right scapula which simply is hard to treat - I don't know how she did it - but I am convinced she knows what she is doing and truly a professional with wonderful knowledge of eastern treatments. It only took one visit to her to solve something that many others including myself could not solve. If you looking for a great doctor - she is one them.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Barbara Nicol on Feb 11th, 2010

Brilliant doctor who is extremely talented at tracking down mysterious diseases. Caught my Lyme's disease from one symptom -- an inflamed knee.Humane and caring with a good sense of humor. Highly recommended.

|  Dr. Grant Saved My Life!  |  show details
by David Malkin on Nov 13th, 2009

I had been seeing Dr.'s for over 3 years for a Mysterious Illness that had given me more symptoms than I have time to list. After years of tests, No Dr. could give me a Diagnosis or Releif. After seeing 20 Dr.'s, I was referred to Dr. Grant. Her years of Experience in Infectious Disease & Being a Mold Expert were the key in getting me well! I owe her my life!