Dr. Irene Gurvits MD Patient Reviews

November 28th, 2016
Excellent

July 1st, 2016
the greateat Dr. that I ever had for 12 years of my life
I am a former patient of Dr. guervitz and i miss her very much. She is understanding and always gives you your due time.

May 24th, 2016
Anonymous
Quite possibly the worst physiatrist in NYC.

November 3rd, 2015
A doctor who'll help you in a real way. No BS.
If you're looking to cry about your horrible life, Dr. Gurvits isn't for you. If you're looking for a doctor who gets to know you and works with you to help you help yourself, she's an excellent doctor.

September 10th, 2015
Good doctor
She gets the job done.

July 23rd, 2015
Stay away....you've been warned!
The worst! Does more harm than good. Doesn't care what the patient thinks. Cut off the meds I've been taking that lifted my depression. Should lose her license to practice medicine.

May 19th, 2015
Horror show!!!
She either MISSES APPOINTMENTS completely (and doesn't call to apologize or follow up), or keeps you waiting an hour or more. Her staff does not know who has an appointment and who doesn't. She yells at her staff , patients yell at her, she loses paperwork, allows patients to smoke in her office.

May 12th, 2015
Remember where you are
I went to this doctor expecting the worst after reading all the comments. The doctor was great. She was professional, competent and willing to listen. The doctor wasn't the problem. Several of her patients were in and out of the office and they were rude and disruptive and demanding. You are going to see a psychiatrist and that means she does see some sick people. Take what you read here with a grain of salt.

September 26th, 2011
horrible!! Don't go to her.

August 5th, 2011
Incompetent, with Ego Issues
She's incompetent! Worse yet, she has such an ego problem that she disagreed with my prior doctor's medication simply to prove that high-paid doctors who don't take insurance are no more qualified than her. She seems to care and went well over the allotted time. Clearly, it's not all about the money for her - especially given the fact that she knew I would not return based on her conclusion that I do not have ADD. So she spent over an hour with me to investigate whether my prior diagnosis was accurate. She concluded that I could not have ADD because I did well in college and law school!! She was oblivious to all of the coping mechanisms I had discovered to get through school, all of which were classic ADD symptoms. The ironic part is that she admits to not being an ADD specialist - yet she was sure she knew more than previous doctor who has treated me for over 20 years. I was only switching due to financial issues and a change in insurance which meant that I got zero reimbursement for out of network doctors. She was also extremely unprofessional - she sits behind desk doing internet research as you talk - presumably for diagnostic purposes. And the forms she makes you sign are overreaching and not like any I've seen before. Avoid her at all costs!!

July 7th, 2011
Should Have Her License Revoked!
After waiting over an hour and half Dr. Gurvits was available to see me. I walked into a smoke filled office and sat for the next half and hour with little more than a blank stare from the Dr. I am not too sure if she was out of it or what. She was rude and unprofessional to say the least.

April 29th, 2011
AfWeh
Very awful doctor. Careless, inattentive, rude.I waited for an hour, my appointment lasted for 23 minutes, ending with Dr. Gurvits saying that she refuses to treat me, accusing me in attempt to conceal information, when, in fact, due to a long period of time, I couldn't remember the information she was asking for. She was demeaning and insulting, preoccupied for the first ten minutes of the meeting and then too busy ridiculing me and my experience at a hospital for the rest, after dismissing me very rudely and announcing to her staff: refund her co-pay, I will not be treating her. I have never been treated in this awful manner before.