Dr. Irene Lucas MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

December 27th, 2016
Dr. Lucas' staff are usually nice, but I have run into situations where they have been highly inpatient with me, and they did not seem pleased that I was asking questions. Sarcasm. I don't have a problem with Dr. Lucas, but one thing I hate is that she rushes you, and does not take the time with you that she should. She also doesn't treat anything. Refers you out for everything. Some times this is not necessary, and makes me wonder about her competency.

December 18th, 2015
avoid avoid avoid
I've never encountered a staff so rude and nasty. They're bothered to answer the phone and bite your head off. You wait and wait to see Dr in an empty waiting room then in exam room. I literally heard her on the phone on hold, complaining about something not being delivered to her home on time while I waited 40mins. She quick, rude and nasty. Right away you'll sent for expensive lab tests and scans. But the staff doesn't bother to have them ready at the next visit. So youre left scared wondering if you're dying or sick. Plus stuck with heavy bills copays From what I hear is if you're "her kind of person" she can be nice. Otherwise run and don't look back.

May 7th, 2015
Very caring.

January 6th, 2015
Great Doctor-spends time and Listens to you!
Doctor Lucas is AWESOME! All of her Staff but 1 have excellent phone skills-and even though that 1 annoys the heck out of me! But not enough to ever leave Dr. Lucas's practice!

October 6th, 2014
She uses a diagnostic approach validated with testing.
Dr Lucas uses testing procedures and specialists to diagnose an illness or injury in cases where she cannot make a visual diagnosis. I like that about her. If you are her patient, she moves you in for appointments as needed. After being admitted from ER once I was awakened to Dr Lucas standing at my bedside. I like that she is involved in your medical health. Would highly recommend.

August 14th, 2013
Worst Doctor to go to in the Area!!!
This Office is horrible the staff is worse than rude and even swore at me! I think this office should be shut down. It's not a well kept office has rude staff and a rude doctor. I would give them negative stars if I could. The doctor is off her rocker very unpredictable and get ready to spend tons of money on tons of tests if they don't know whats wrong with you she will just order what seems to be random testing and then never actually follow up with you on the results or even know where the results are because the office is so disorganized. I'm def. reporting them to the better business and maybe even filing a law suit.

June 4th, 2013
No worth my time!
My family saw dr. Lucas for 4 yrs then my husband went back to school and my kids went on state medical so had to find a new doctor. I always thought she did a great job in making sure my family's ?'s were answered, and had great care. Wasn't fond of gloria but i truely liked her. Now my husband got full time and insurance and called to go back and we get told once u leave u can't go back. It's not like we wanted to switch she didn't except the kids insurance. I now lost all respect for her and her office! All I can say now is my husband bettered his life and she's not worth my time.

April 30th, 2013
Lacking compassion
I feel it is time to find a younger doctor who is more reliable and dedicated. I appreciated when Dr. Lucas returned my calls, and spoke to me about test results, but the office staff is generally rude, always changing and unreliable. My recent impression is that Dr. Lucas has become too selective with her clients, and I have heard of several members of the community who have been dismissed from her practice for relatively minor reasons. One must question her compassion for her patients, That coupled with my concern that she has no one to cover her on weekends or vacations does concern me. Seeing that I am not the only person complaining about her staff makes me realize that perhaps her dedication is not to her patients as much as to her ever changing staff.

March 7th, 2013
Dr. Lucas
appointments are too rushed lacks listening and diagnostic skills, preferring to refer patients elsewhere office staff could be friendlier. Dr. was very rude and accusatory over the phone, hanging up and not permitting me a chance to speak over a misunderstanding on her part about a canceled appointment. It was cancelled because a test required by that dr. needed to be repeated, and he wanted to have the test done first. There was a new appointment made, the test to be performed in the meantime. I told her this, but she kept yelling that I said I saw him. I saw him once in the past, and was definitely planning to go to the new appointment.

December 9th, 2011
Not Professinal
I've been going to Dr. Lucas for 8yrs. The old lady receptionist is always very rude. 3 times the past 3 years i called in for prescription refills, and went to my pharmacy (11 miles away) and found out they never called it in because Dr. Lucas wanted to see me. An easy phone call from her staff would have been ideal to set up an appointment if you ask me. Also when i call to ask Dr.Lucas a question she never returns my calls.

October 13th, 2011
Staff is EXTREMELY RUDE!! If there was a star lower than Poor, I would have used it!! I can not express that enough. AND it is not a one time thing, it is consistent. They make it seem like they are doing you a favor by answering the phone. Leave a message for Dr., dont expect a return phone call. Get testing done, dont expect to get your results. Its strange that Dr. would want to lose patients instead of speaking to her staff about their attitudes. Dr. has not always been like this but she is now and has been for SEVERAL YEARS. She down talks to you and treats you like your an idiot. Please do yourself a favor and prevent any extra aggravation and search for a different Dr.

September 4th, 2011
Ridiculously poor service, from physician to office staff
To begin, the office staff is extraordinarily rude. It is obvious that the staff are unhappy working there, and that attitude is passed along to the patients. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first, but it's been like that every time I've been there. Sadly, as if that weren't enough, they are also incompetent, failing to follow up after routine tests. Not only have I had to call them, they have twice called me with incorrect information (reading from another person's chart, thinking it's mine and scaring the crap out of me with information meant for another patient, all the while arguing with me that they are correct.)The physician herself can be heard bellowing insults about her patients down the halls, as other patients are present, spends little time in direct contact and seems mildly interested in her job, at best. I madean appointment for a flu shot last year. She told me they had run out after I arrived, suggested I go to a drugstore and still charged me. I've only kept going there since I'm healthy and haven't gotten around to switching. Now, as I finally leave this office behind, I get a letter that they want to charge me $67.00 to forward my records to my new doctor?! That is uncommon practice; I've never had that experience anywhere! What a joke this practice is. Yet, after what I've experienced there the past two years, I expect nothing less. KEEP LOOKING! You can do much, much better.