Overall Review

January 8th, 2016
More concerned with her ego than truly helping patients
Diagnosed me with fibromyalgia even though I don't have it, know it, but she kept insisting I do. I have a different condition which is being treated well now, but she would not listen. To her it seemed fibromyalgia was the only dx she would discuss, or, seem to know anything about. Would not give me adequate thyroid testing, her testing methods are antiquated. As is much of her thinking. While she does spend a great deal of time with her patients, my experience showed me that if I didn't have the illness which fit into her 'box of knowledge' that she could be dangerous because she would help only what she knew. Also, when I became extremely ill, she was not available for a telephone consult or information. I was told I would have to pay for a consult, which I would, but the wait was over a week and I needed help then. I do not recommend her.

March 23rd, 2012
A Rare Practitioner
Sensitive, concerned and knowledgeable. I've been a patient of Dr. Metro for about 10 years. She takes all the time needed to understand your medical needs and answer questions. My first visit lasted two hours, including tests and a half-hour or so when she just talked to me about my medical history and issues. She didn't rush me and she wanted to hear it all. Years later, when I was receiving Chemotherapy through Karmanos Cancer Center and having a rough time, she called regularly to see how I was doing and ask what was happening, even though she wasn't treating me. When I missed her calls she'd ask to have me return them and when I did she was never too busy to pick up and talk to me for a few minutes. It was very thoughtful, encouraging and other docs wouldn't have bothered. Dr. Metro is THE BEST!

March 13th, 2012
This physician spends a great deal of time with her patients. You won't find a more compassionate physician that Dr. Metro.

December 29th, 2011
WONDERFUL,PEACEFUL LOV MY DOCTOR

October 3rd, 2011
A compassionate caring doctor!
I was not getting the satisfaction from my previous doctors and was overmedicated. They would not listen to me. They acted like I didn't know anything. Dr. Metro spent a longer time with me on the first visit than any other doctor ever has. She has changed my medications and I am feeling better than I have in four years. She has referred me to other specialists and sent me for tests that no one else ever did.The tests revealed a condition that another doctor wrongly diagnosed and just prescribed drugs for. A previous doctor sent me to a psychiatrist when I couldn't sleep. Dr. Metro sent me for a sleep study and it revealed that I had sleep apnea. I knew that if I was depressed it was because the doctors weren't listening to me. She changed my blood pressure meds to generics and sent me for tests. My blood pressure is fine now with these drugs instead of expensive drugs that my insurance wouldn't pay for.

March 3rd, 2011
What do YOU want in a doctor?
What do you want in a doctor? Do you want someone who cares? Someone who spends at least 30 minutes with you per visit? Someone who both listens to you and makes sure you understand her? Someone who actively involves you in your plan of care? Someone who goes the extra mile to make sure she didn't miss anything? Someone who is very empathetic to your pain? Sounds like a dream, huh? Actually, it sounds like Dr. Irene Metro, and when I count my blessings, she's on the high end of my list. She has done all of the above and gone above and beyond for my health and well being. Not only does she have a true heart for what it's like to have fibromyalgia and how to best cope with it, Dr. Metro's care and concern has carried over to other areas of my life. She was the one who had to deliver the news that I had breast cancer. She let me cry on her shoulder, and she empowered me through treatment along with the many other stressors I was dealing with at the time. She even came to the funeral home when my mom died, which means more to me than she'll ever know. But most importantly, she has been with me through the highs and lows as a highly compassionate and knowledgeable doctor and friend. What do YOU want in a doctor?

February 13th, 2011
Terrific caring, professional physician
I've been seeing Dr. Metro for ten years. She has always afforded me ample time to explain my concerns. Until I found her it was one doctor after another who listened to me for about 40 seconds and then interrupted, sending me on my way with a prescription. No one ever seemed to be interested in finding the source of the problem...until Dr. Metro. An initial visit lasted over two hours. I was given blood tests that no one else ever thought of checking. To my amazement, Dr. Metro not only got to the bottom of my problem but provided me with support and follow ups to keep me healthy. My pain was traced to a nerve impingement in my lower spine. I have spoken with others while waiting for my appointment and have been stunned to hear of her unselfish compassion for people and animals. Today I am healthy and need far less prescription meds. If you trust her with your care you will not be disappointed.

October 25th, 2010
Stay away from this doctor!
Avoid this doctor! I went to her with unexplained joint pain, which she immediately diagnosed as fibromyalgia (her specialty), even though I didn&#03 ...

September 9th, 2010
After seeing 9 doctors and being told my problem was "all in my head," Dr. Metro actually listened to me and correctly diagnosed me in 1 visit. Withing 1 week and only 1 Rx, I was feeling back to normal, after suffering for 2 years! I am so grateful that my sister found Dr. Metro on the internet!

May 31st, 2009
She changed my life from one of despair to hope
Dr. Metro really cares about her patients. but more importantly is her knowledge and willingness to look at you as a whole person. She saved my life!!!!

April 25th, 2009
Doctor Metro has been a tremendously positive influence in getting me to optimum health!