Dr. Irene Souter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Irene Souter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2017

Terrible experience

I found Souter to be rude and inaccurate. She led us down a very convaluted path and just kept bringing us back for follow up after follow up. Dismissive, after 6 miscarriages and many problems told me not to worry, just make a follow up. Lacked compassion of any sort. Requesting medical records and looking for a new doctor.

May 27th, 2015

Dr. Souter and MGH are the best

Dr. Souter combined an exceptionally high professional acumen with a warm, positive bedside manner. We are forever grateful to her. We had a horrible experience at Waltham Boston IVF but Dr Souter and the entire staff at MGH were terrific.

April 21st, 2015

Excellent

I cannot say enough about Dr. Souter. I feel very lucky to have her

January 13th, 2014

I had 5 IUI procedures in MGH until I finally got pregnant. Irene Souter was my doctor, but she never performed any of my IUI procedures. Every time it was a different doctor. So I can't rate her performance in this aspect. Furthermore, even though I asked at the front desk for Dr.Souter to do an IUI, I never saw her still. I had 2-4 appointments with Dr.Souter before I started my procedures. She is very pleasant, european "well-groomed" and nice looking, knowledgeable. She is pretty straight forward, clearly explains the problem, but at the same time stays optimistic. When she was seek, we had a phone appointment. I got a good advice without paying for doctor's visit))) I liked seeing her as a doctor, I wish she personally helped me during my procedures.

March 30th, 2013

Just a number

MGH is a factory of trainees. Dr Souter was my doctor but I only saw her three times in one year while undergoing multiple IVF cycles, which failed. I always feel rushed in and out at her office. Too much info is thrown at you. I never had any orientation. Or training on how to do the meds. She seems nice enough, but the patients are just numbers and statistics. Would not recommend.

March 12th, 2013

I love her . In my first app. she said to me if you want a baby I 'm going to give your baby . Today is 4 years old . Thanks

October 1st, 2012

Myself and My husband love Dr. Souter! She gave us our family!

July 22nd, 2012

Excellent!

My husband and I love Dr.Souter! She is extremely competent, does not sugar coat your chances and listens to your concerns. She is excellent!

February 8th, 2011

Dr.Souter is very caring but also very matter of fact. She is very thorough and explains everything very well.

February 10th, 2010

Some comments

In my impression, except for initial testing and personal appointments, the care at MGH is departmental, where whoever is in charge on a given day makes the immediate treatment decisions. In hindsight I would have preferred another RE in the department. I believe that Dr. Souter was somewhat over cautious with the initial tests, sending me to specialists for minor issues. Scheduling these appointments took a long precious time, and according to the specialists, they were not very necessary and didn't require postponing my treatments anyway. In addition, I was sent to a specialist twice at two points in time for issues that could have been addressed in the same appointment (again, a waste of a couple of months). So, I felt that this was inefficient and insensitive. Other than that, Dr. Souter is a nice person overall.

June 7th, 2017