Dr. Irene Szeto MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

December 29th, 2015
Stay away!
Szeto acts like she has to pay for diagnostic referrals out of her own pocket! Practices insurance-based medicine rather than actual healthcare. Wait was 90 minutes for a 5 minute visit. She is not a good physician and has few, if any, diagnostic skills- just collect the money....

March 9th, 2015
Half-full of half-empty?
I have been going to Dr. Szeto for 15 years. I, too, have some dissatisfaction with the wait times, BUT, that glass can also be seen as half-full. In other words, the reason it takes so long is b/c she is working closely with each patient. I must say that she is an excellent diagnostician and I respect her greatly as a doctor. She is incredibly knowlegeable and also, extra cautious, which I appreciate. Yes, it takes too long to get to see her, I agree. I now resign myself to the fact that I need to book a 2-hour window from when the appt is scheduled till when I actually leave. I still would rather go to her than anyone else!

July 1st, 2014
Dr. Szeto is a very friendly and thorough doctor. Although her wait time can be long, I understand that comes with spending so much time with her patients. I was not at all happy with some of the staff or it's workings, but now I see that problem was removed, and the girls that are currently there are great and very helpful. I recommend Dr Szeto!

December 19th, 2013
Good doctor - if you can ever see her
I've seen Dr. Szeto a couple of times; once was for an illness a couple of years ago, and once for an annual check-up. I would have seen her a least 3 more times, as would have my family; however, when I have called due to illness (i.e. flu), and someone at the office does answer, I am sent to an emergency care facility. Lately, the office hasn't been answering the phones and has an answering service taking messages - DURING BUSINESS HOURS. I have left three messages with the answering service over the course of three weeks to make an appointment for an annual check-up, but I have not received a phone call back. She is a good doctor - very caring, kind, and gentle. The PAs that performed by last check-up were also very good and thorough. However, I have to find another doctor so I can actually see someone for a physical.

December 16th, 2013
Dr. Szeto is a wonderful doctor have been going to her for over 20 years. The new office is very nice and staff are very helpful. My only complaint and it is a big one is the wait. I always spend a hour and a half or more waiting to see her. I understand things come up but this is every visit a problem that really disturbs me

November 19th, 2013
Dr Szeto is my kids pediatrician and we all love her. She is very good at what she does. She was highly recommended by the Christiana care staff when had my 1st son almost 5 years. With that said some staff members are not professional over the phone or in person.

February 24th, 2011
I'm picky about doctors, and I think she's perfect!
I, along with 3 other family members (ages 18-51) have been seeing Dr. Szeto for 5 yrs. Pros: I have found her to be a very knowledgeable, caring and dedicated physician. She is easy to approach with concerns, uncomfortable questions, alternate treatment options, etc. She has a serene way with her exam and questions. She has a very sweet disposition and kind bed-side manner. She remembers who you are and what she treats you for. She pays attention to what you are saying and never disregards your feelings, hunches or concerns. She has the utmost respect for your opinion about the symptoms you are experiencing. She never rushes you or her diagnoses of your symptoms. She has never misdiagnosed any of us. She has always fit us in on the same day we call, when ill. Cons: Long wait time. Office staff can sometimes be a bit disorganized. (I've left messages and referral requests over the phone and had the information taken down incorrectly, or misplaced. They are not at all lazy or careless; they make every effort to get it right but are sometimes hurried. I find this to be completely remedied by writing down the info. myself and giving it to the staff or mailing it in.) (Let me be clear that my actual health care records, and those of my other family members, have never been misplaced or disorganized in any way.) Surely the wait time is due to her popularity, reputation, willingness to fit in her ill patients the same day they call, dedication to detail and quality-time spent with each individual. I feel a long wait is a small price to pay for such top-notch care. I feel complete confidence in recommending Dr. Szeto to anyone in need of a physician.