A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Irene Wapnir:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Irene Wapnir is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Irene Wapnir, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Wapnir graduated from Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico, 1980. She has 4 awards.
Dr. Wapnir has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wapnir accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Irene Wapnir practice?
Dr. Irene Wapnir practices Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Public Health & General Preventive Medicine near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA.
See Stanford Surgeons, Stanford Oncologists, and Stanford Preventive Medicine Specialists.