Internist

2.0

I appreciate the best possible care provided to my elderly mother show details I appreciate the best possible care provided to my elderly mother
by Kelly Saunders on Apr 17th, 2015

My mother moved to Honolulu when she was in her 90s and was on Medicare. We could not find any doctor to take over her medical care although we desperately tried every geriatric physicians office in Honolulu. Since Dr. Yamamoto was my physician she agreed to take care of my mother even though she had no other Medicare patients. She provided by mother with excellent medical care for the remaining years of her life. She always treated her with extraordinary kindness and compassion. I will forever be grateful to her for that.

patient show details patient
Nov 26th, 2012

leave political subjects aside...

Oct 25th, 2011

tries to get you to buy her vitamins. her waiting room looks like a mini store- selling everything from lotions, vitamins to facial treatments. tacky. remember when doctors were doctors?

Seems not focused on her practice show details Seems not focused on her practice
Aug 7th, 2010

Very difficult to communicate with her and her staff as the days and hours of operation are shorter than I've ever before experienced with a doctor.Requires frequent lab tests that show little or no improvement of condition after having followed her instructions and taken medications faithfully. Very disappointed.

Sells Homeopathic/Natural Medicine As A Side Job To Make Extra $$$ show details Sells Homeopathic/Natural Medicine As A Side Job To Make Extra $$$
by J. M. of Hawaii on Jun 25th, 2010

Dr. Irene S. Yamamoto doesn't act very interested in your situation, in a way, doesn't believe in you, not interested. When you know a medicine you've tried before works perfectly for your situation, she doesn't really agree with you, and suggests something else. She also tries to force you to buy a Homeopathic/Natural Medicine, which my Chiropractor mentioned to me is a side job she uses in her business to make extra cash/a little profit off of, a small pamphlet of a bunch of different crap that she probably hasn't even tried herself. I personally think she is a Horrible Doctor who wont listen to your needs, and suggest something else. She also doesn't seem that smart, because she didn't help me find out what's wrong with my body even though Blood Tests showed something Abnormal, nor does she take the time to put things together and look up on it. Poor Rating Doctor, will recommend no one to, unless you want to spend $50 (not covered by Insurance) on worthless medicine because it's NATURAL! Wow. Hey, she does speak Japanese Though! =)