Dr. Irfan Alladin, MD
Pain Management, Physiatry

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent Facilities & Staff You will never find anyone better I guarantee show details Excellent Facilities & Staff You will never find anyone better I guarantee
by RoseAnn Warren on Apr 12th, 2016

Dr Aladin is one of the best pain specialist around. I have been to several different specialist. Not one Dr.could figure out what was wrong and could get rid of the severe pain I was in . He took the time from his very busy schedule to squeeze me in . An emerge nay appointment. To help me in tears . From rebound pain . From a previous injection. Staff is excellent . All of them . Nothing at all bad to say accept he has a very busy office in Parsippany. I was with him for 5 1/2 years . They treat you like family. I had to move out of state . And I cannot find a Dr here that is even close to Dr. Aladin. If I can move back just to have him as my Dr I would. If you get in to see him . Stay have the patience to,wait in his office. It's worth the wait. I miss that family bond we created . They really generally care about their patients.

Thank you Doctor Alladin show details Thank you Doctor Alladin
by Charlie Christie on Mar 3rd, 2016

I have many pain issues and have been a patient of Dr. Alladin since 2007. He is a wonderful man and very talented doctor. His energy is endless and he really,really cares.His staff is second to none. They are always attentive,eager to help and very friendly. It would take all day to name them as his practice is quite large.Thank you all for making my life so much easier.

A circus show details A circus
Nov 13th, 2014

Who runs this place, the dr or the ones supposedly working under the supervision of a dr?! All this guy cares about is sucking dry whatever ins coverage you have. Have had 3 low back shots in past year, never once a formal follow up, because I haven't seen him since the day of my last shot! The assistants play with the meds from 1 visit to the next which I don't get how someone not licensed as a dr can override what the actual dr says. No consistency super rude staff hours upon hours upon hours wait time.

Helped me so much! show details Helped me so much!
by Kevin H. on Jun 23rd, 2014

Smart doctors and staff. Always available. They know all about pain and what your going through.

by David on May 10th, 2013

I'm not sure why there is so much PA bashing on here - assuming that I was seen by the same PA, there is no reason to bash. The PA who saw me took an incredible amount of time and care - over one hour in obtaining pt history and testing. He was exactly the same the second time I saw him...and he has a sense of humor... Dr. Alladin obviously has a great deal of trust and confidence in his PA. Dr. Alladin is fast and accurate - exactly what I would expect from a specialist. I trust that he cares about me and that he cares about people in general. I trust him to my care - pain management was something that I put off for years because I thought it was a sign of weakness...these guys don't judge...they help. I met the Chiropractor during my most recent visit - again, great personality, little bit of humor and very skilled. Roger is probably one of the most peaceful people I have ever met in the patient doctor environment - a big help. The wait time comes with the territory - especially when it comes to specialists...plan on three hours and then you will be thrilled when you're out of there in two!! These guys are awesome - if I didn't so I would never allow them to stick a needle in my back :-) Peace.

What a great doctor show details What a great doctor
Sep 5th, 2012

Waiting time could've been better. Dr.Alladin is truly amazing and so is his NP. They took their time with me and maybe thats why the waiting time is so long. They really want to help you and not just medicate you.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, we appreciate it! We are constantly working to improve our practice.

Waiting for hours is unacceptable show details Waiting for hours is unacceptable
Jul 24th, 2012

Unfortunately it is very common for Dr. Alladin to run several hours late. During my past four appointments at the Oakhurst and North Brunswick offices, he was over two hours late every single time.The physical therapy that they offer is not real physical therapy at all. Its basically heat, massage and a TENS unit. They have no equipment to perform the necessary exercises and you are limited to a bed for the entire session.A note to Medicare patients: He is actively tapering ALL Medicare patients medications and is planning to switch most to Suboxone. This seems to be a contradiction to true pain management.

Jun 21st, 2012

The office has very intelligent people working there, esp Dr Alludin. His PA can come off short but has the knowledge to manage my medications well. The PA explained my medical issues well and he was willing to see me as often as i needed to continue treating my neck and back pain. I do recommend this physician but the wait time is too long.

DR.good/PA rude/assuming/won't let u speak show details DR.good/PA rude/assuming/won't let u speak
May 24th, 2012

I was very taken back by the PA not taking my whole picture into account, only my back issues(which by the way,did say on MRI, small herniated discs could not be ruled out, therefore, not caring about the knee's.(One being operated on)PA 'assumed' my previous doctor had me over medicated!I came in there,in so much pain.Then finally, after not being allowed to say a word.The real Doc Alladin came in with a friendly smile and sweet kind attitude.shock my hand, and as i was putting my jacket back on actually noticed *without me saying a word)my shoulder was obviously much lower then the other with my bone protruding out, asking me about it! I was so thankful at that moment for the PA would not let me tell him that the medicine for acute issues I was on was really not just for back.My shoulder & arm needed operation, and pain was excruciating,waking me with nightmares that I was being stabbed.I needed knee replacements,and that was told by 3 opinions.But b/c of my insurance only having medicare since the death of my husband, who worked 4 a school having the best insurance ever, I could no longer have any operation, as I am responsible for the 20 percent.So now it stands, I am being tapered down and off of my one medication which is the one that helps so much when the other is barely doing anything, anymore.Apparently many of the new younger upcoming doctors are being tainted by the things going on in the world assuming everyone on pain medicine is a drug addict.Well,My previous doc, did not just look at one part of me.He was concerned of my whole picture, inside and out.He was like the good old days doctor who really wanted to be a doctor and know each patient and treat accordingly, not "go by the book"I feel Dr ALLAdin cares, and listens, but ruins it for himself, by having this PA who thinks He is GOd's gift to the medical world and top me tries to over ride DR Alladins position in the office.I believe in this day and age DR Alladin could be covering himself, by having a PA who specializes in methadone etc... I was not there just for my back.I can hardly walk some days, sit on a toilet, let alone get to a toilet in time in the AM.I believ deep down inside The real doctor here, not the PA) knew his PA was not looking at my whole picture.Taking away the medication, when I need aperations on my knee's and arm and should which is hanging bTW , not able to function at al as it used to,I drive, clean type mainly with left hand, when I am right handed, b/c of the agony of my shoulder muscle pulling away from ,my bones.The more i looked at it, the more i saw My previous doctor really was not over medicating me.AND THIS PA ALMOST HAD ME BELIEVING HE WAS.And what these PA's, yong healthy , just coming from the new school and belief that pain meds should only be used for 'acute' distress for a very short period after an operation, They are not in the shoes of someone on long acting medication which goes into vallry's of not feeling any pain medication working at all.So the short acting medication keeps a person on an even keel while the long acting is changing over to the next release of medication to open up, within that pill.God help them one day when their judgement of people on meds for this reason and on doctors who know this, come on them...The day they may have to live with debilitating pain, then they will see what they did to the quality of peoples lives by not having the insight, which bTW back to DR ALLAIN>He is GOOD...He knows his stuff.In seconds I had with him, never seeing my records yet, He saw just by looking at me... in a second saw a problem where the pA paid no attention.His concern only" was the one part of body.The back, and getting people down or off of medication.Well not everyone is the same.Their storioes are different, and thesee yond pA's need more expperience and open minds.Their minds are clouded, by the abuse of medication going on in the world todayThey cannot be objective.Or look at a perons whole being.I do believe Dr Alladin can.

Doctor's Response

We are glad to hear about your excellent experience with Doctor Alladin!

AVOID AVOID AVOID show details AVOID AVOID AVOID
Feb 22nd, 2012

If you are looking for pain pills only... this is who you should see. If you are looking for someone that can help you and fix the problem... DO NOT see him!!He did a wrong set of injections on me and when I confronted him he told me that it was not oked by the insurance company so he just did what he wanted. When I was have more issues after the wrong set of injections it was the run around with his office staff as well as him to get to the bottom of. I am still waiting for my records which I requested over a week ago and continue to be pushed off after excuse after excuse.His office staff also faxed me over someone elses records to my open busy work office. Who know who else saw them. Dr Alladin only cares about the money and not the client. He will tell you over and over again how good he is yet I still can't understand why he would want to do more MRIs, injects and pain pills when a smply steroid helped the inflammation from doing the wrong set of injections.Him, his staff and his office is dirty!!!

Wouldn't recommend show details Wouldn't recommend
Jan 2nd, 2012

My experiences with this doctor and his staff have not been SO awful, but I would not recommend him otherwise. Dr. Alladin seems knowledgable, but I felt he dismissed the severity of my situation because I am a younger adult. No real recommendations, and he brushed me off saying I should do PT (which I have been) and to come back if I needed a shot (unneeded - trying to fix for real). He has way too many patients booked, and the wait times are always long. His receptionist and admin staff are rude and uncaring; I know they run into their fair share of unhappy people, but if someone is being polite and courteous, they could return the attitude. Overall, I would find a different doctor as I did myself.

Their PA acted like a conceited disrespectful parrot. show details Their PA acted like a conceited disrespectful parrot.
Oct 8th, 2011

Dr. Alladin was ultimately professional.The PA(I will not state his name)interrupted me 3 times while I attempted to speak with Dr. Alladin. Each interruption was the exact same statement. The PA seems knowledgeable, however was very conceited, unprofessional, and disrespectful.Everyone has bad days? Don't let this PA interfere with your care; ultimately the doctor knows best.

too many patients show details too many patients
Feb 17th, 2011

too many patients for one doctor. not enough people to handle script renewals, over crowded, wait time is more than any other doctor i've been to. incredibly long, long hours of waiting for simple things. i would not recommend anyone, even though he personally is a great doctor, what you have to go through to get a minute of his time isn't worth it.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear about your wait time. We have made changes to maximize our time with each patient so that others are not left waiting. We hope to see you again soon!

Dec 23rd, 2010

Its extremely hard to get in touch with this doctor. He likes to avoid his patients. His office staff is also very nasty.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have made changes that have opened up communication channels between the Doc and his patients. He makes a personal effort to meet with each patient and to give them their due accord. We hope to see you soon and we hope you have a better experience!

Mar 19th, 2010

Amazing Doctor, Very Caring, Horrible Office Setup.

Apr 8th, 2009

Office is very severely understaffed even doubt he has a permanent staff??? Unable to get office staff to comply with insurance company requirements despite they will numerous times. This doctor needs help in organization and communication with patients and needs to HIRE A PERMANENT STAFF

Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have made improvements in our hiring and we hope to see you soon!

a mess show details a mess
Oct 23rd, 2008

very disorganised,receptionist,offiemgr very poor attitudes