Dr. Irfan Handoo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 1st, 2016
Strongly Recommend--From A Doctor Who is His Patient
I am a cardiologist who has been struggling with depression and anxiety for over the past 10 years since I was in medical school. As a doctor, I am pretty critical of other doctors and I have seen countless psychiatrists over the years . Dr. Handoo is by the far the best psychiatrist I have ever seen in the Kansas City area. He took the time to go through my history and came up with a medication regimen that finally has my depression in full remission for the first time in many years. I can tell he cares about his patients and he always took the time to listen. I have been to psychiatrists at the Mayo Clinic and Mass General in Boston, and I would rank Dr. Handoo up there with some of the top psychiatrists I saw there. He has helped my career and my marriage and I can't thank him enough. I now recommend him to my own patients.

October 15th, 2016
Fantastic!
Dr. Handoo is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He knows what he's talking about, cuts to the chase, and knows when someone is trying to bullsh*t him to get controlled substances. (Sorry, folks!) He is a great doctor, at a great location, in a great office. I highly recommend Dr. Handoo.

March 25th, 2016
I felt like I was being pushed drugs and offered no hollistic options to supplement medication therapy.

September 29th, 2013
BRILLIANT DOCTOR
After having seen numerous psychiatrists over the years, I have finally found one I can trust and relate to in Dr. Handoo. Dr. Handoo is very knowledgeable and thanks to his efforts, my depression is finally in full remission after 20 years. I can tell he truly cares about his patients and he always takes time to listen to me. He has made a tremendous difference in my life and I can't describe in words how much he has done for me. I had heard about him from my family doctor and he has a strong reputation in Kansas City as one of the best psychiatrists in the area.

June 6th, 2012
Very caring and good physician

January 22nd, 2012
AN AMAZING. CARING PSYCHIATRIST
Dr. Handoo is a great psychiatrist and I am so thankful to have found him. I had been hearing voices everyday since I was 7 years old and have probably seen over 100 psychiatrists in my life. Dr. Handoo is the only one who took them time to listen and figured out the best combination of medications for me. Now for the first time in my life I no longer hear any voices at all. He is one of the best psychiatrists in Kansas City and I strongly recommend him.