Dr. Irinel Chiriac MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 14th, 2016
Best doctor I've had in 25 years treating my bipolar.

December 12th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Chiriac
Compassionate & kind, her focus is on you. Sometimes late for appointments but always easy to communicate with. Dr. Chiriac cares about your input and considers it respectfully in her decisions. You're not just a number on a file, or someone she must rush out because your 10-15 minutes are up. You are HER patient and she does her job well. I guess that's why she's sometimes late. I don't mind waiting for a Dr who cares.

November 27th, 2015
She listens very well and lets me participate in my care.

January 12th, 2015
Dr. Chiriac is the best Psychiatrist! She really cares. She takes time to understand. Awesome!

July 12th, 2014
patient
could not of imagined a worst first visit. Cut me off numerous times, and said she did not need to hear any more, huh? I thought she was their to hear it all. Won't be back.

March 31st, 2014
The 2 Stars is Generous
Dr. Chiriac may well be a good psychiatrist (I've seen that she has won awards in the past) but I would never know since she hasn't shown up to my last 3 appointments. When she did show up in the beginning our sessions would last about 5 minutes. I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to basically just get a refill. Today I waited 1 hour 15 minutes only to give up and leave. I've missed over half a day of work waiting for my appointments that don't happen in just the past 2 months. Why is it that PCSD psychiatrists have absolutely no accountability? Shouldn't it be quite the opposite when it comes to mental health...wow. Prior to Dr. Chiriac I had a situation with another doctor at PCSD Mission Valley (Dr. Calabrese) who left the practice and didn't inform me. I found this out when I needed to schedule an appt with her for medicine that was about to run out. PCSD could not find me another doctor or appt. even though it was an emergency. In fact, when I called them on the phone in a panic for help they hung up on me. When I called back they would not return my call. Basically they get you on heavy mood drugs and then just cut you off. Lucky I didn't end up on the street. This provider is the absolute worst. If you have any other options please do not go here

August 12th, 2013
great doctor
This doctor is excellent. She helped me a lot with my issues!

May 10th, 2013
Excellent
Dr. Chiriac is very caring and an excellent physician. The office staff need some training, but she is worth putting up with some staff issues. She is an excellent diagnostic practitioner and cares about her patients.

April 21st, 2013
cold and distant, I think she lies...

September 13th, 2012
Don't see this Dr.
The office is disorganized and unprofessional. I waited at the closed reception window without acknowledgement while the receptionist talked on the phone. Dr. Chiriac is cold, judgmental. She spent the whole session staring at her computer while entering my info. She didn't look at me. She kept asking me if there was anything else she needed to ask. At the end I finally had to ask what her diagnosis was. See someone else.