Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Took her time to explain things.  |  show details
by Tim on Sep 16th, 2013

Dr. Stanciu took her time to explain my condition and what the possible outcomes were. She (or her office) followed up quickly to any questions or prescription refill requests. I am extremely happy with the care I've received thus far.

|  Do not expect out of the box thinking  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2013

Very disappointed in this doctor. She came with all the answers so it was not necessary to listen to the patient. She had all the degrees, she even listed them when she was questioned. Very by the outdated "book". It was like we were in the 1950s and the doctors were all knowing.

|  Strictly by the book  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

Do not go to this doctor if you believe patient/doctor healthcare partnership. She goes strictly by the tests. How you feel has no relevance. If the tests say you are perfect ----- your comments about how you feel --- are irrelevant. No I would not recommend this doctor under any circumstances if you want your input to be considered. If the pill manufacturer says a pill will work then that is the end of the discussion....

|  very smart and an excellent doctor.  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

My only feedback would be that she can come across as clinical and not always as warm as some.people may like. I can go see a shrink if I want warm and fuzzy. I want her if I have thyroid cancer. Period.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

Four the past four years, I have been under the care of Dr. Stanciu for my thyroid condition. She is not only very knowledeable and an excellent diagnostician, but she takes personal interest in me as well as my ongoing treatment. I highly recommend her.

|  show details
May 31st, 2011

Dr. Stanchiu is very knowledgeable and professional. I have been seeing her for about 4 years and have always been impressed by her manner. She explains everything thoroughly and is patient with questions. I highly recommend her as a practitioner.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

When I had my appointment and was telling the Dr. about my current health situation, she answered me with "you are wasting my time". When I voiced my concern about the comment to the staff, I was consoled with a certified letter from the office dismissing me from their care. They did not refer me to any other Dr. for further care, and did not refill my prescriptions. If you can find another Dr. to see for your thyroid condition, I highly recommend you do so.

|  show details
by Sara Dingle on Aug 14th, 2010

She does not listen or seem concerned about my well being AT ALL.

|  Cold hearted; obviously didn't go into medicine to help people.  |  show details
May 7th, 2009

Dr Stanciu did not seem intrested in anything I said during our brief initial visit. She ordered a barrage of tests, when I had the same tests just a few days before seeing her. She did a one minute physical exam and quickly dismissed me. After a few weeks of calling to find out my test results I was told Dr Stanciu would call me, however then recieved a typed LETTER in the mail with the results of my lab work, which was abnormal, along with new prescriptions,new diagnoses, and an appointment in 4 months. When I tried to contact Dr Stanciu to talk about my diagnosis and discuss the questions I had, I was told she would contact me within the week- however she never did. I called back multiple times, was ignored, then switched to a new office. I work in the medical field and understand that Doctors are busy, but never have I been treated like dirt by a Doctor. Until Dr Stanciu.