Dr. Irma Romero Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Irma Romero?

17 Ratings with 1 Comment

March 9th, 2016

Avoid her

I will never take my child to see Dr. Romero ever again. There are certain things in life that I have zero tolerance for, and treating my 2 year old like she is just a number is one of them. My daughter was sick with constant fevers, low energy, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, and runny nose. Dr. Romero was quick to diagnose my child with asthma and an ear infection without doing any test of any kind and gave her antibiotics and asthma medicine. She did not listen to us what so ever. When I questioned why she thought it was asthma, her answer was "because the mother had it". It doesn't take a doctor or a rocket science to know that just because a parent had asthma in the past, does not automatically mean the child will have it as well, especially considering these symptoms. Her diagnosis made zero sense. My child never has trouble breathing during any activity and does not have shortness of breath. She has no symptoms of asthma yet every time we questioned her diagnosis, Dr. Romero was quick to state that her "20 years of experience" made her right. She rushed through my daughter's visit like a fast food restaurant. Well my child only got worse and after going to another doctor who actually did proper test and actually listened to us, it was discovered that it was influenza and she has no trace of asthma. Dr. Romero has to have gotten complacent during her "20 years of experience" because she showed no care in the world for what my child was dealing with, and treated us like we were ignorant parents who have no clue what certain symptoms indicate. If you care for your child as much as I do, you'll avoid the fast food treatment that Dr, Romero provides and go else where.

August 5th, 2017