Dr. Irma Urrutia-Potter Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Irma Urrutia-Potter?

Nope.

Posted on August 29th, 2016

I would definitely not go again. I went once and had a terrible experience, zero bedside manner! Her office also demanded a cash upfront only payment, which they tell you on the phone when booking. I don't know if that's typical, but it threw me off. She offered an ineffective care plan; calling what she offered a care plan is a stretch though. She was openly biased and judgemental, which did not help build any kind of patient/doctor relationship. This one visit is exactly the reason I do not have a primary care physician today. I always wanted to find a doctor I could just stick with throughtout my life, isn't that best for optimal health? Simply put, no one should leave a doctor's office feeling the way I felt when I left that day. Obviously, she has patients, so maybe I wasn't someone she was interested in treating? I'm not sure.

Posted on January 24th, 2015

She is so rude she criticized my weight , my teeth , and wouldn't give me medicine because I had children cause she didn't know when I woul take it. I would give this a 0 if I could. NO ONE SHOULD GO HER E

DO NOT EVER COME TO THIS GHETTO PLACE.

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Worst experience ever. Will never return. Should not be practicing medicine.

STAY AWAY! RUDE, CONDESCENDING, NOT HELPFUL.

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Dr Urrutia-Porter was the most unprofessional, unhelpful, condescending and rude doctor I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. She was downright verbally abusive. She refused to speak to me in English (I am a native Spanish speaker but use English the most). She jumped to a number of conclusions about me, all of them rude and outlandish. She made judgments about things I wasn't even visiting for her, judgments that were NOT ACCURATE! She spent the entire appointment talking down to me. Instead of asking questions she formed opinions based on erroneous judgments she was making. Why? What is this woman's problem? STAY AWAY!

dr is very rude and unprofessional

Posted on October 9th, 2012

Some patients should just stay at home

Posted on September 14th, 2011

The title applies to the individual posting the previous comment. Clearly this person is laboring under the delusion that a physician is there to baby sit, which is not the case. I have been a patient of Dr. Urrutia (the "D" is capitalized by the way) for the past 5 years even before she relocated from Bensenville, and is the true definition of compassion. Although my wait has been long at times, as any patient would expect, my visits have be welcomed with unequivocal attentiveness from the staff and altruism from the doctor. I was referred by a friend of mine since Dr. Urrutia is from Mexico and caters to the Hispanic community. The first few years that I visited the clinic I did not have health insurance, and Dr. Urrutia made it a point to charge me a fair price and payments were very VERY flexible if I was not able to pay on time. When it came to prescribing me medication, she made it a point to make sure that I knew what I was taking and when I was taking it. As for the previous commenter, why on earth would you have to go to an OB doctor since you were 16?! With all do respect, I am a male and know the difference between an OB and a gynecologist.

Appauled

Posted on September 10th, 2011

I have been the same group of physicians my whole life. My OB was with me from age 16 to 22, and my primary doc ive seen since 16 also. ive seen a few other doctors when my schedule didnt work out with my usuals, but always stayed with advocate health center. i moved out of chicago to benenville and since my last doctor left advocate i was ready for a new one anyway. I came across dr. Potter, made an appt hopefully finding a new doctor in the area. Boy was I wrong. Staff was extremely stand off ish, i asked the nurse if she needed to have my records transferred over. The nurse asks dr. potter {im guessing on the last name she uses, i have no idea which she uses. She didnt even introduce herself when she came in the room) & dr. Says no she doesnt need it. She doesnt need it? What? Already I was un comfortable. Doctor comes in, doesnt respond to my hello nor introduces herself.immediately sits down & gets ready to write. She asks 2 questions, then asks about medications i take. I gave her the info & immediately she says im not refilling them, you will have yo see a psychiatrist. WELL. IF YOU SUMMONED MY RECORDS OR MAYBE ASKED ME A FEW MORE QUESTIONS, YOUD KNOW WHY. She immediately refused, and told me i need to find a psychiatrist, she doesnt know any. Im thinking to myself WOW. Where is the care & compassion. She didnt ask me anything about my life, medical history, NOTHING. I was extremely uncomfortable, but let her do the pap becaause I was over due & also had to get a baby sitter & take off of work for the appointment. She does the pap, didnt explain not one thing nor say im going to do this, youll feel that. Nothing. She just went thru the process, i was obviously NO ONE to her.After she is done with the pap, she asks me more questions about my pap history. Any other doctor ive every seen usually ask BEFORE to know what they may be up against . I asked if she would refill my birth control atleast. She said what kind and i explained ortho in the pink container. She gives me a slight arrogant laugh and then says rudely WHICH KIND. I explained I didnt know & that Dominicks knows. She then says well were not calling them, you call & get the info & i suggest u find a new doctor. I was stunned. Could this get any worse??? Yes.I looked at her puzzled & asked why? She said I dont appreciate your attitude.& i immedietly responded, telling her how impersonable she was, and that i didnt even know what name she goes by because she didnt even introduce herself.I have never felt so violated in my life. She did what she has to do to make her money & when she's done suggest I find a new Doctor. Wouldnt it have been nicer to say that BEFORE u did a procedure on me. I have been violated by a man, but this to me is worse! Not only a woman, but a doctor at that!I do not recommend ANY ONE GO SEE THIS WOMAN. Horrible experiece, i was treated like a piece of trash. No compassion, no care for anyone & extremely cold! Rude!

Posted on August 22nd, 2010

Dr. Urrutia-Potter has excellent bedside manners. She is fully bilingual (Spanish-English). Her office staff are efficient and friendly. Office location is great! She serves a large underserved community. I strongly recommend her to anybody looking for a family doctor.

Posted on July 28th, 2009

The doctor mis-diagnosed my skin ailment.

Posted on April 27th, 2017