Family Physicians
311 N Walnut Ave
Ste 120
Wood Dale, IL 60191
630-238-2100
Locations and availability (6)

2.0

|  Very rude doctor. She needs a law and ethics course! Triton College has one, Doctor! Go there!  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2013

To the person who wrote the review below me, this doctor doesn't deserve the capital D for her title! If I could give her zero stars, I would!! I wish I would have read the review from Sept 10, 2011 because I had the exact same experience! The receptionist very nice but wow... Dr. Potter is an ignorant, arrogant, racist (I'm Caucasian), and rude doctor! She has no etiquette and absolutely no law and ethic skills to be in the field of medicine. I'm in the medical field and I was appalled just like the previous patient! Dr. Potter barely gave me the time of day. She was so very different to her Spanish patients, though. I paid close attention because I wanted to see if it was just me that she was acting like that to or everyone. She would smile in their direction and then look at me and roll her eyes. I felt so unwelcome and uncomfortable, but I needed a quick appointment to get shots for clinicals and I didn't have much time. I got my TB shot there, but she doesn't do titers there so I had to get a referral. I went back 46 hour later to get my TB shot checked. She yelled at me in the hallway in front of patients and said, "I am not checking it for another 2 hours!!" I said, "But I have work. You obviously see that my skin isn't bubbling or irritated!" She replied, "Fine! I'll check it, but I will be sure to write a note that you didn't wait the complete 48 hours and you will have to come back and pay for another shot and wait an extra 48 hours after that!" I felt embarrassed and belittled. I came almost an 45 mins away and I had to go back home to be back in less than 2 hours. When I got back, she was on break, but I needed her to check. She opened the door felt my arm,grabbed my paper, signed it, and slammed her door on my face!! Again, I was appalled!! I have never seen a doctor act like such a low life scum before! Don't doctors usually come from money?? Well, she must have been a real spoiled bully! After all this, I needed that referral to get my titer shots, since she doesn't do them in her facility. She had gone on vacation and forgot that I needed the referral. I called the office and the sweet receptionist said that there was nothing that she could do. She couldn't bother the doctor on her vacation! Must be nice! I was so lost since I never had such a crappy doctor before. I called Gottlieb's and they sent me to their office. I had to wait 2 hours to get a referral. Those women at the hospital were so nice though! I told them what happened and they were so upset with this doctor! She DOES NOT belong in the medical field and I will be sure to report her to Gottlieb's HR dept.

|  Some patients should just stay at home  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

The title applies to the individual posting the previous comment. Clearly this person is laboring under the delusion that a physician is there to baby sit, which is not the case. I have been a patient of Dr. Urrutia (the "D" is capitalized by the way) for the past 5 years even before she relocated from Bensenville, and is the true definition of compassion. Although my wait has been long at times, as any patient would expect, my visits have be welcomed with unequivocal attentiveness from the staff and altruism from the doctor. I was referred by a friend of mine since Dr. Urrutia is from Mexico and caters to the Hispanic community. The first few years that I visited the clinic I did not have health insurance, and Dr. Urrutia made it a point to charge me a fair price and payments were very VERY flexible if I was not able to pay on time. When it came to prescribing me medication, she made it a point to make sure that I knew what I was taking and when I was taking it. As for the previous commenter, why on earth would you have to go to an OB doctor since you were 16?! With all do respect, I am a male and know the difference between an OB and a gynecologist.

|  Appauled  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

I have been the same group of physicians my whole life. My OB was with me from age 16 to 22, and my primary doc ive seen since 16 also. ive seen a few other doctors when my schedule didnt work out with my usuals, but always stayed with advocate health center. i moved out of chicago to benenville and since my last doctor left advocate i was ready for a new one anyway. I came across dr. Potter, made an appt hopefully finding a new doctor in the area. Boy was I wrong. Staff was extremely stand off ish, i asked the nurse if she needed to have my records transferred over. The nurse asks dr. potter {im guessing on the last name she uses, i have no idea which she uses. She didnt even introduce herself when she came in the room) & dr. Says no she doesnt need it. She doesnt need it? What? Already I was un comfortable. Doctor comes in, doesnt respond to my hello nor introduces herself.immediately sits down & gets ready to write. She asks 2 questions, then asks about medications i take. I gave her the info & immediately she says im not refilling them, you will have yo see a psychiatrist. WELL. IF YOU SUMMONED MY RECORDS OR MAYBE ASKED ME A FEW MORE QUESTIONS, YOUD KNOW WHY. She immediately refused, and told me i need to find a psychiatrist, she doesnt know any. Im thinking to myself WOW. Where is the care & compassion. She didnt ask me anything about my life, medical history, NOTHING. I was extremely uncomfortable, but let her do the pap becaause I was over due & also had to get a baby sitter & take off of work for the appointment. She does the pap, didnt explain not one thing nor say im going to do this, youll feel that. Nothing. She just went thru the process, i was obviously NO ONE to her.After she is done with the pap, she asks me more questions about my pap history. Any other doctor ive every seen usually ask BEFORE to know what they may be up against . I asked if she would refill my birth control atleast. She said what kind and i explained ortho in the pink container. She gives me a slight arrogant laugh and then says rudely WHICH KIND. I explained I didnt know & that Dominicks knows. She then says well were not calling them, you call & get the info & i suggest u find a new doctor. I was stunned. Could this get any worse??? Yes.I looked at her puzzled & asked why? She said I dont appreciate your attitude.& i immedietly responded, telling her how impersonable she was, and that i didnt even know what name she goes by because she didnt even introduce herself.I have never felt so violated in my life. She did what she has to do to make her money & when she's done suggest I find a new Doctor. Wouldnt it have been nicer to say that BEFORE u did a procedure on me. I have been violated by a man, but this to me is worse! Not only a woman, but a doctor at that!I do not recommend ANY ONE GO SEE THIS WOMAN. Horrible experiece, i was treated like a piece of trash. No compassion, no care for anyone & extremely cold! Rude!

|  show details
Aug 21st, 2010

Dr. Urrutia-Potter has excellent bedside manners. She is fully bilingual (Spanish-English). Her office staff are efficient and friendly. Office location is great! She serves a large underserved community. I strongly recommend her to anybody looking for a family doctor.

|  show details
Jul 28th, 2009

The doctor mis-diagnosed my skin ailment.