Dr. Irvin Sahni MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 13th, 2016
Yes, Dr Sahni and his staff really are, all this and more!
I was so impressed with Spine Center of Texas, last year, when Dr. Sahni fused my husbands back! It only made sense to request Dr. Sahni for my leg numbness. I had previously referred 3 patients to his office, one was my Oncologist, so that alone speaks of my trust in Dr Sahni, Dr Nelson and the entire staff at Spine Center of Texas! All I heard were THANK YOU's for referring Dr Sahni - he performed exactly as he did with my husbands procedure; Professional, Humane, Thorough, Caring, Confident, he really listens and you can just "tell" that he is a forward thinker and not a follower, all this rolled up in one is priceless!! Spine Center of Texas takes your needs to new levels!! If you suffer and other doctors have given up on you, or told you that you had reached MMI, You need to experience a new level of patient care that I have rarely seen in other dr's offices'. Office visit was last week, injections were performed today, at his facility in Gruene (New Braunfels). I was not even thinking about having to lay down on my stomach for back injections; OMGosh, I was super nervous as I am disabled from 40+ abdominal surgeries, I was put to ease immediately by the Anesthesiologist (wish I remembered his name), I had no abdominal discomfort after the procedure, I am very thankful for that!

June 15th, 2016
Great experience - highly recommend
Dr. Sahni has a clean office and friendly staff. More importantly, he spent the time to answer all of my questions before moving to other patients - despite how busy his office was. Another doctor had recommended surgery, but the doc recommended alternative solutions.

July 7th, 2015
Excellent doctor
For Sahni and his staff were outstanding. I have been to other spine doctors and all they wanted to do with surgery. Dr Sahni is capable of doing surgery but is also capable of providing many other non surgical for Sonney and his staff were outstanding. I have been to other spine doctors and all they wanted to do with surgery. Dr Sahni is capable of doing surgery but is also capable of providing many other non surgical treatments. He is a big believer in nutrition and healthy lifestyle. I have experience such a sincere interest in real health with other back doctors.

July 6th, 2015
Awesome Doctor!!
Dr. Sanhi was such a blessing to my mom and my family throughout the whole surgery process. I couldn't have hoped for a better doctor to take care of my mom!

July 6th, 2015
The absolute best in considering the patient first. Allowed my wife to regain her life pain free.

December 19th, 2014
He was very Professional. I had been in pain and tried what I thought was every avenue to decrease back and leg pain. Dr Sahni was able to perform a procedure in office that has completely given me a new life. I am totally pain free!

September 12th, 2013
I will try to make this as brief as possible. I have been a patient of Sahni since 07, for both shoulders and neck was very pleased with my treatment until he got the P.A. "he's a nice guy" but he doesn't know me nor my case, Dr and I had discussed going ahead and doing the surgery on right side and this is where things went down hill real fast. I had asked that when I have an appointment I want to see the Dr. not the P.A. Plus I have every allergy imagineable. First scheduled surgery cancelled my bad didn't pass ekg and for the next week all h(*& broke loose. The day before the first schedule was I prescribed 2 meds that I'm allergic to, called and told the staff something needs to be decided before surgery, was told they would discuss it and if they found something that I can take they would call if not I would not hear from them and I didn't, the day of the surgery told Dr. about conversation blood pressure was already elevated and in the middle of my question he walks out with four people in the room I made a comment to the affect was I not talking and was told by nurse "oh he does that all the time" this was important I didn't feel comfortable not knowing what to take after surgery, he walked back in the room with attitude and asked me well what do you want me to do, I told him it would be nice to know what I'm suppose to take after surgery, he asked the Dr. going to do the block it was recommended by anesthesiologist. Was not told what to expect afterwards. It was a 2 hour surgery, Dr went to tell my friend I was out and instead was more interested in her knee brace and what happened and her surgery, I asked for reglan was not feeling well was told Dr. didn't leave script she walked out and I was given nothing, I left with hospital gown all sticky tabs for monitors. I also made it very clear please do not touch me with gloves with Aloe Vera. Who every wrapped my shoulder touched me and I had hives on top of the pain. I finally make it home sick as a dog. The next day I called cause when they did the block my upper chest was not working couldn't catch my breath the most God awful feeling in the world and after 2 weeks no one from Sahnis office nor did he call back or even check to see if I was ok, (after 20 surgeries I had never) the day of the follow up Sahni was still a no show after I had told them I did not want to see p.a. I get there and find out oh by the way Sahni isn't there and if I want to see him only I would have to reschedule, are you kidding me. This is the same office that I had told numerous times do not call my cell unless you call the house first, the day of my follow up I finally get a message they left at 8:00 in the morning, my appointment was for 3:00, I didn't get the message til I was there and was informed Sahni wasn't there, shocking. Needless to say the P.A. had no clue what was done had to read notes after I asked what was done, that took a total of 15 seconds but yet I was in for 2 hours. I also was told by Sahni before going in the o.r. this was Obamacare working for me, I was fuming by his remarks and treatment and would never recommend nor ever go back to him. HE IS NO DR. OF MINE. ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS. I HAVE REAL GOOD INSURANCE

October 22nd, 2012
Dr. Sahni will spend time with you as long as you are asking questions. Probably why the wait times can be longer than we wish.

October 3rd, 2012
I ACCOMPANIED MY ELDERLY MOTHER TO SEE DR SAHNI WHO TREATED HER FOR HERNIATED DISCS. SHE HAS MADE A WONDERFUL IMPROVEMENT IN PAIN CONTROL AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AFTER BEING TREATED BY DR SAHNI. GETTING IN TO SEE HIM TOOK LONG, ( 2 WEEKS)CONSIDERING THE SEVERE PAIN SHE WAS IN AND THE TIME BEFORE A FIRST TREATMENT OF AN INJECTION(AFTER AN MRI AND SEEING THE DR AGAIN) 2 WEEKS SEEMED ENDLESSLY LONG. AFTER THAT THE FURTHER TREATMENTS WERE TIMELY AND ALL WORKED OUT FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME. VERY DIRECT BUT CARING DR AS WELL AS HIS STAFF. SPENT TIME WITH US, EXPLAINED THINGS. WOULD RECCOMMEND HIM FOR SURE.

August 22nd, 2012
anonymous
I have had several very bad experiences with this doctor. Cannot recommend him.

July 31st, 2012
Very Pleased!!
Treated my broken Ankle and then years later I went back to him for broken wrist! Would definately go back to him for any other problems.

July 8th, 2012
honest Doctor
Doctor Sahni is Honest. He tells you exactly as he sees it. He gives you the best educated information he can so you can make your decision about your treatment. He would be my choice for any orthopedic operation.