Dr. Irving Gottfried Is this you?

June 28th, 2016

Unprofessional!

I would not recommend Dr.Gottfried to anyone! unacceptable behavior ... being in the medical field. a DOCTOR!..i have left 3 messages with his medical staff for him to call me back.. on what is he going to do for my 83 dad?? the Dr. discovered my dad has a twisted stomach, put my dad on clear liquid diet, as i thought.. till the next step, ..so we are going on 13 days no food for my dad, yes.. we made him nutritional smoothies, not enough...he is a diabetic, Dad got light headed i thought he was going in sugar shock.. his stomach is hurting, 3 times i called the Dr. No response back, his office says he reads the notes, but to me obviously he doesn't care about his patients, if this was his 83 yr old father would he treat him like this?! i pray not... i am a very patient person, but who is hurting??! my dad! I did talk to the Dr's office manager he apologized to me and understood why i am so upset.. so think twice about this Dr. i canceled my procedures i was to have with him.. found me another Doctor.

February 29th, 2016

Dr Gottfried was very nice. Asked questions n listened. Staff is very friendly. Called back with results n following up on patients was very good. Yes. I would recommend this doctor to my family/ friends.

January 13th, 2016

Great treatment. Speedy with results. Very knowledgable. Would recommend over other GIs I've seen.

January 8th, 2016

Seek care elsewhere!

I've seen many doctors I would rate as average, that all were superior to Dr. Gottfried. I had extensive testing done and the staff and doctor do not bother to deliver results, and when you hound them for the results, their delivery of serious news is awful! Look elsewhere for good care.

April 13th, 2015

The doctor has zero bedside manner. If you need a doctor who is easy to talk to, he's not your man. Dry, aloof and treated me just like another number. While I did not want to be best friends with my doctor, I do need to feel he cares.

April 13th, 2014

Lucky to be alive

He did an endoscopy on my mom. Placed stints in the wrong place. He actually poked a hole through her small intestine and she had to be life flighted to another hospital. She's lucky to be alive. Worst doctor.

October 16th, 2010

Dr. Gottfried was one of the very best doctors I have ever met. He was genuinely concerned about his patients' health and well-being and I am very distressed that he has left Virginia. He diagnosed me with Crohn's in 1987 and has been not only my doctor, but my friend since then. Since he has left VA, I have not found another gastroenterologist who measures up to his high standards. I will keep looking, but it will be hard for anyone to take his place.

September 9th, 2010

this doctor took the time to review my old records, discuss my current medical problems, and devised a plan of dignosis and treatment with my husband and I. I have never had a doctor take the time to do this. He was very thourgh and professional. I have sent several of my friends to see him and all had the same expierence

April 22nd, 2010

Awful Glad he got the boot

Poor bedside manner. Very dissmissive, and when try to explain my problem he cut me off and wouldn't let me talk and walked out! Glad he's gone!

April 2nd, 2010

A Superior, Caring Physician

He treated my COPD effectively for more than 20 years. He once came off vacation to oversee my routine admission to the hospital. You won't find many doctors who would do that. He cares.

January 27th, 2010

dr gottfried is the best farmville hospital get him back.

dr gottfried MD. has been my dr. for around 20 years now the hospital is giving him the boot. SOUTH SIDE HOSPITAL IN FARMVILLE va. MUST DON'T WOUNT ANY DR. anymore. I will have to find another dr. PLEASE get DR. Gottfried Back SCH.

February 2nd, 2017