Highly Recommended! show details Highly Recommended!
Apr 30th, 2015

Clearly an intelligent and very effective physician. Extremely thorough and detail-oriented. My brother also had an excellent experience with Dr. Raber.

Ms. NOLA 2005 show details Ms. NOLA 2005
by Mrs. K Mackey on Oct 27th, 2014

As a former patient who was relocated to Pennsylvania for Hurricane Katrina, I can truly say he's the best eye doctor I ever had hands down. Dr.Raber performed my first Corneal Transplant due to Keratoconus Eye Disease in February 2008. I've returned back to New Orleans since then and continue to be treated for the eye disease. My family and I are not as confident in the doctors I see now as we were with Dr.Raber. To anyone hesitating to schedule a visit with Dr.Raber you should rest assure that he's the BEST there is. If I return back to Pennsylvania Dr.Raber will be getting a call from me.

Dr. Irving Raber from a long-time patient's view show details Dr. Irving Raber from a long-time patient's view
by W.D. Heinz on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr. Irving Raber is one of the two most knowledgeable, skillful and courteous doctors I have ever known. At about 9 AM on January 25, 1981, he took one look at my eyes and recognized that I had a very acute case of conjunctivitis. He dropped all scheduled routine patients immediately and spent the rest of the day examining, testing, photographing and determining an action plan that probably saved my eyesight. Two years later at the ripe old age of 32, he pronounced me ready to have a cataract extraction and implant; although the Doctors Panel was divided because I would become the youngest to have this operation, he guided me through the prep, procedure and follow up perfectly and with compassion. Since that time, he has helped me through some flare ups that he warned me to expect. I cannot say enough good about this doctor, and I most heartily recommend him. Don’t be surprised if you have to wait beyond the scheduled appointment time; he will give you all the attention needed no matter how long it takes!

Best Corneal Specialist on the East Coast show details Best Corneal Specialist on the East Coast
Mar 3rd, 2010

This is what I was told when a doctor from Harvard recommended Dr. Raber to me. He is technically brilliant and never makes you feel rushed or that you have asked a silly question. He explains things well to non-technical people and understands that a whole person is connected to the cornea he is treating. I've had three surgical procedures and he is wonderful. It is hard to get an appointment because he is so good.

Aug 28th, 2009

Dr. Raber is the best, a miracle worker for my son. I don't mind the waiting for him because his exerptise is worth it. I also understand that when I am waiting it is because he is generous with his time in seeing as many people as he can. I also am so grateful that he still accepts insurance.

Oct 14th, 2008

Irving Raber is an excellent diagnostician who treats patients as the individuals they are.Back office staff is excellent; front office is abysmal.