A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Irving Shen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Irving Shen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Irving Shen, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Shen graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Shen has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Oregon Health Science University
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Irving Shen MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Irving Shen practice?
- Dr. Irving Shen has 2 office locations.
Dr. Irving Shen practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Falls Church, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Alexandria, VA.
See Falls Church Surgeons.