A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Irving Shen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Irving Shen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shen
Endometriosis Patient Education Read about common symptoms and treatments by reading our endrometriosis patient education guide to endometrial implants.Before Visiting Dr. Shen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Irving Shen, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Shen graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Shen has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Oregon Health Science University
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Irving Shen MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Irving Shen practice?
- Dr. Irving Shen has 2 office locations.
Dr. Irving Shen practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Falls Church, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Alexandria, VA.
See Falls Church Surgeons and Falls Church Cardiothoracic Surgeons.