Dr. Irving Wiesner MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

January 19th, 2016
The 10 minute wait time is predictable if you are scheduled at 6:30 expect to be seen at 6:40. Overall positive experience!

January 19th, 2016
Sometimes you have to ask the same questions if you don't get an answer
Dr. Wiesner, He is very professional, I believe he is trying to build trust, what some may not understand because they did not give him the chance in my opinion is him trying to determine why you are there in the first place. If you engage and listen to what he has to say, even if it is sometimes repetitive of something you may have heard before he is basically waiting on you and is trying to make you feel at ease by being relatable and opending up about some of his own experiences. I believe that his approach is different in that he is not simply writing a script on a pad and sending you on your way he is actually trying to help. If you are looking to just get a script and not actually work on any issues than he may not be the Dr. for you as he really does in my opinion want to help resolve the root of why you are seeing him in the first place. The ten minute wait is predictable he still gives you a full hour but not everyone is their on the dot, so the ten minute wait goes across all of his appointments. If you are a very prompt person who wants to be seen immediately on arrival realize 6:30 really means 6:40 PM. I hope this helps, I have enjoyed the visits with Dr. Wiesner.

January 16th, 2016
Awful. Stay away
Dr Wiesner was the only Doctor I could find accepting new patients. I dreaded our visit every month I couldn't stand being in his room. Not only did he never remember a single detail about me, he didn't even remember MY NAME until the 4th visit. He would ask me the same questions over and over again each visit not because there was new info, because he didn't think to write anything down or even bother to commit me to memory. He asked what I did for work every time, asked if I got along with my parents every time. Basic facts he should have remembered. He would answer his cell phone during our appointment! And chat on MY DIME!!! He pushed drugs for off label uses. Drugs that had no generic that I could not afford. He even had the pharma reps coming to his door during our meetings. He seemed more interested in talking about himself than the fact he was about to prescribe me a mind altering medication. Stay away, find someone else!

June 4th, 2015
needs to retire
Dr weisner never returns your phone calls to schedule appointments for days. Then when we talked he told me I was to emotional and maybe he wasn't the right person for me. Umm hello your a psychiatrist your supposed to help people like me. Then after scheduling appointment we sat there for an hour and he always cut me off and never let me finish a complete sentence so then I'd try to talk real fast to get it all out. I think we spent more time listening to his jokes then about helping me. It's pretty clear that he's just riding this Dr thing out and doesn't take it very serious. Maybe at some point in his career he was good but now it's just a joke. Don't waste your time. And that's even if he calls you back to schedule an appointment after a week. I wish I would have read these reviews before I went to him. Oh well I'm still looking for a good doc.

March 10th, 2014
He was helpful to me for my depression issues
The Dr. was helpful to me to understand my confusion about stress, my life crisis incidences & my depression. I found him to be engaging and willing to challenge me to expand my thinking & options. He may not be for some but I found him to be a good listener & to provide some clarity & direction.

November 3rd, 2013
Run if you want to save your marriage
Me and my wife went with high hopes but unfortunately issues kept on getting worse. He would tell my wife privately that I have issues and then do the same with me. We stopped going and now we are happy by making that choice.

August 7th, 2013
You will never have a healthy marriage..stay away!
I met this dr and he instead of listening to ur problems, would just talk about his divorce and compare our life with his. He would not listen to a woman specially, don't know what is his problem in that. He is very rude, interfere all the time, would not let you complete your sentence but just start playing with your emotions. He is not at all an effective relationship councelor or individual councelor. He should not be practicing.

June 11th, 2011
Dr. Wiesner is a fantastic doctor who literally saved my life.
Maybe, in spite of Dr. Wiesner's high intellect and deep humane compassion, some of his patients do not undertsand that it is necessary, at some points, for someone in his field to show authority, in order to direct his.her patient who is at a loss. I have never been able to find as good a doctor, since I moved from the Philadelphia area to the Boton area.Highly recommended in terms of his wise prescriptions of medicine, his ability to "hear" his patients and his deep humane kindness and intelligence. The best, before we went into "medical industry" and the kind of simplistic ratings that go with it.

March 12th, 2011
Horrible, Incompetant "Doctor"
I honestly don't know why this man is in practice. He is completely incompetant! I had never been to a psychiatrist before him and only went because the antidepressant I was on for tension headaches had stopped working. I was under a lot of stress and figured, why not go to a doctor who can change the antidepressant and provide me with some therapy as well. After all, who wouldn't benefit from that? WHAT A MISTAKE! I met this "doctor" in 2007. He took me off the medication on the first visit, then met with me for 2 more sessions, which I thought were going well. He seemed normal and I was gaining some insight on my life. At the end of my third visit, he turned to me, looked me in the eye and said, "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to see you again." (He wasn't nice about it and definitely didn't seem sorry.) I was stunned and after I composed myself, I asked why. His response: "You need to get more in touch with your feelings." I have gotten many laughs out of this "shrink experience" story over the years. BUT what's NOT funny at all is that this man is still in practice and dealing with people! BEWARE!

November 9th, 2010
Terrible Doctor
When I went to see this Doctor he was flaky and extremely sarcastic. I wouldn't suggest this Doctor due to the fact that he does not talk about the issues at hand. During my session he spoke about his Theology class and my beliefs, along with playing with his iPhone during our session. He was not effective at all.

November 9th, 2010
Terrible Doctor

May 28th, 2009
Stay Away!
My experience with Dr. Wiesner was horrific. He insisted after two visits that I tried to steal my chart because he lost it! During my third visit when he couldn't remember a thing about me, he threw me out of his office because he couldn't remember me and insisted I wasn't articulating my reaction to the medication he prescribed.