Dr. Irwin Jacobs Is this you?

February 9th, 2014

excellent and personable

My children have been seeing Dr. Jacobs for about 10 years. i couldn't have picked a better person for my children to see. My one daughter is 20, and he still sees her. possibly because she is considering college in the next year, but for whatever reason, he is a very professional and hilarious personality. Always has a new joke or funny comments to keep my kids comfortable and at ease. i hope he continues to see my daughter as a patient, because if he should tell us he can no longer see her because she is considered an adult, we will be truly disappointed. I see a neurologist who makes me wait from 2-3 hrs every monthly visit. I am going to ask Dr. Jacobs next time I see him is if he can refer me to someone else. I trust him with my life and will sorely miss him if he can no longer see my children anymore.

July 8th, 2013

Dr. Jacobs was literally a life saver for my family. My 18mo old son was having attacks of some sort - scary, unexplainable, seizure-like - that were undiagnosable after several ER visits, an extensive work up by Rainbow Babies and numerous follow up visits. One ER visit @ Fairview with Dr. Jacobs who was oncall for peds neuro and we have a diagnosis! I will never forget that day...telling Dr Jacobs my sons story. It felt like the thousandth time that I told it with no answers. I said "So, do you know what this is?" with tears in my eyes, knowing the answer was most likely no. He answered "Yes, yes I do." He explained EVERYTHING in detail. We have had several follow up visits with Dr Jacobs and he is FANTASTIC. He speaks directly with my son (now 5years), involves him with the whole process of the exam and visit, explains everything in detail while using laymen's terms and answering all of our questions. Dr Jacobs diagnosis has saved us from additional ER trips, the stress of not knowing what was wrong with our son, and the peace of mind knowing I can call, any time, day or night (he gave us his personal cell #) to get questions answered. I would recommend Dr Jacobs to any parent for the genuine care of their child.

April 5th, 2012

Improper Diagnosis

This man diagnosed my 5 yr. old son with autism 10 years ago, without administering an ADOS or any other official form of diagnostic test related to autism. He only did a basic neurological test, stating the results were normal. He spent about 20 mins. with my son, all with me present, basing his diagnosis on what??? He wanted to medicate my son also, which I refused to do. Today, my son is almost 15 and we are learning that he may not be autistic at all, but suffers for an intolerance to dairy foods.

February 19th, 2015