Dr. Irwin Richard Merkatz MD is a male Obstetrician & Gynecologist and practices in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Maternal & Fetal Medicine, and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Irwin Merkatz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Irwin Merkatz, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Merkatz graduated from Cornell University, New York.More Education & Awards
Dr. Merkatz has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merkatz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- WellCare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance