Addiction Medicine Specialist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Psychiatrists
Video profile
23121 Plaza Pointe Dr
Ste 150
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
949-837-7071
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Super Smart and Great with Depression  |  show details
by Aubrey on Jul 6th, 2013

Dr. Rosenfeld has treated me many times over the years. I have found he is very caring and smart. He simply knows more than many other psychiatrists about what he should.

|  Satisfied  |  show details
by Happy Client on Jun 11th, 2013

Good listener, intelligent, been to some not so wonderful docs this one is great.

by busters2045112562 at Citysearch on Jun 5th, 2013 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld is such a good doctor I do not think he needs any ""tips"" from myself. Keep up the good work, I am sure those you have helped value you as they should.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
     |  great psychiatrist  |  show details
    May 31st, 2013

does a good job, very positive impact

by davids390703881 at Citysearch on May 31st, 2013 on citysearch.com

well I like dr Rosenfeld and to donna h I do not think I would want to call you back you sound mean, Dr Rosenfeld is funny and nice and smart.

|  Smart  |  show details
      by Lisa Liferman on May 22nd, 2013

I am always happy to learn how much knowledge Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld has on what seems a vast amount of subject matters. Also I find him very trustworthy

by lannil at Citysearch on May 22nd, 2013 on citysearch.com

\\r\\rDr. Rosenfeld has helped me so much in a relative short time period.

by davids115258899 at Citysearch on May 20th, 2013 on citysearch.com

Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld is a very good doctor that helps and is good with medications yet also has other good ideas to help \\rpeople improve their situation. He has been very helpful to us in our situation. I feel very fortunate that a choice was made to make him my doctor because prior to that nothing was helping and I did get seen by other doctors and psychiatrists. I find that he listens to people and I enjoy his attitude which is non condescending. Our situation is much more hopeful and life can be more fun since some changes\\rhave been made with his help. It is sad that some may miss\\rout on the chance to benefit from his expertise and the type of help he has given me just because some people seem to enjoy making lame comments like about his desk. I like his desk. The man works and because he has these files readily available to him he was able to find my file the same day I called while most doctors probably would not only not have it on hand but maybe not have it at all after some years. He also has always called me back and has a voicemail of his own where he returns calls and picks up his messages periodically this is unheard of these days. One can expect a message to call 911 if its an emergency or maybe a message can be left for the office staff to return WHEN they get in. Someone put here he did not call them back, well he has always called me back and I find that hard to believe.

by lisal1118007296 at Citysearch on May 10th, 2013 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld helped me a great deal. He is very smart and\\rtakes action if it is needed, does not just sit on his thumbs.\\rHe also seems to care a great deal for his patients.

by lisab84558336 at Citysearch on May 10th, 2013 on citysearch.com

He`s the best.

|  Awesome  |  show details
              by lisa on May 8th, 2013

I am always happy to learn how much knowledge Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld has on what seems a vast amount of suject matters. Also I find him very trustworthy

|  Great  |  show details
              by Lisa Liferman on Apr 24th, 2013

Dr. Rosenfeld is very competent .

|  My worst experience ever!  |  show details
              by Kenneth Hoffman on Apr 12th, 2013

This man thinks about only one thing-money. After 53 of his treatments, I got my wife back far worse off than when I started with this man. He is a poor excuse for a doctor. Not once did he say he was sorry that my wife was not improving after twice as many and almost $20,000 worth of treatments. Even on the last day, he came into the room where my wife was being treated, didn't ask how she was doing, just gave her his last bill, and walked out. I should have known he was a lazy slob, when I first saw his pig pen of an office. I wouldn't recommend this man to my worst enemy. One of the worst experiences of my life.

|  Knows his stuff  |  show details
              Nov 28th, 2012

At 1st I thought Dr R & I might not be compatible & of course you want to feel comfortable with your physician. Didn't take me too long to realize he was the Dr I desperately needed. He is completely professional & it is easy to think he doesn't care or can help you with your situation. Well that is not the case at all. He is an excellent diagnostician and extremely knowledgeable about medications. He is always there when you need him, not to mention, he really has a great sense of humour. I consider that a plus. He constantly keeps informed on what new things are happening in his field of expertise. He has made all the difference in my life which is finally a happier & healthier life. Change takes time. Give him your time and I promise it will change your life just when you thought it was impossible. He should be highly regarded & respected by his peers & if he isn't by some, then those are the Drs I would'nt even condider going to see. Thanks Dr R. This review written by a grateful patient & avid Yankees fan.....! that is absolutely not the case. While he is calm & very professional, he might seem aloof & appear uncaring which is not at allthe case

|  Are we talking about the same Dr. Rosenfeld?  |  show details
              by Jordash at Citysearch on Apr 30th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld did 9 procedures on me and never stuck around to see how I did. He had no idea of all the complications I had! He never asked. He has never returned 3 phone calls I made to him, including one from my real psychiatrist!! I had many questions and concerns. Guess he really doesn't care. Very unprofessional!!! I almost had an anxiety attack after being in his disastrous, cluttered office. Looks like a hoarder works there. Never saw anything like it in my life. Maybe he couldn't find his phone to call me back.

|  Are we talking about the same Dr. Rosenfeld  |  show details
              by Jordash at Citysearch on Apr 30th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld did 9 procedures on me and never stuck around to see how I did. He had no idea of all the complications I had! He never asked. He has never returned 3 phone calls I made to him, including one from my real psychiatrist!! I had many questions and concerns. Guess he really doesn`t care. Very unprofessional!!! I almost had an anxiety attack after being in his disastrous, cluttered office. Looks like a hoarder works there. Never saw anything like it in my life. Maybe he couldn`t find his phone to call me back.

|  Knowledgeable Psychiatrist  |  show details
              by rocnrlr at Citysearch on Mar 25th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld is a caring and skilled physician. He is an expert in his field, and I feel I am in good hands after searching for a well-qualified psychiatrist for quite some time. The only thing that bothers me is the clutter in his personal office as someone with OCD!His front office staff are friendly and excellent, and they always get things done in a timely manner. And, the wait time for each appointment is very short. I recommend this doctor, which I usually cannot say as an HMO patient!

Aug 2nd, 2011

Sucks

|  LEGAL DRUG DEALER  |  show details
              by brian jenks at Citysearch on Jul 16th, 2011 on citysearch.com

This guy just wants money. He will prescribe anything to anyone.A typical \"\"shrink\"\" who does NOT care about patients feelings as I have been shrugged off so many times.Also, he`s VERY late for his appointments, yet he has no problem charging his patients extra money if they happen to be late.STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY. He is is bed with every pharmaceutical company out there!!!

|  LEGAL DRUG DEALER  |  show details
              by brian jenks at Citysearch on Jul 16th, 2011 on citysearch.com

This guy just wants money. He will prescribe anything to anyone.A typical \"shrink\" who does NOT care about patients feelings as I have been shrugged off so many times.Also, he`s VERY late for his appointments, yet he has no problem charging his patients extra money if they happen to be late.STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY. He is is bed with every pharmaceutical company out there!!!

Jul 12th, 2011

I feel at ease with Dr. Rosenfeld. He was honest with me and I look forward to contiuing my treatment with him

|  Reccomended!  |  show details
              by Birdgal at Citysearch on Jul 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been to several psychiatrists due to being a fosteradoptive parent for treatment of my foster kids. When I needed a psychiatrist myself, I chose Dr. Irwin for his specialty - not knowing what I was getting in to. In one visit with him, I felt like he TRULY cared about me. He was brutally honest about my problems. He took TIME to talk to me, not just prescribe medication as most psychiatrists seem to do just be a source of drugs. I have had 28 days of sobriety thanks to Dr. Irwin. I look forward to continuing my treatment with him and I`m going to start taking my son to him as well. If you want someone who CARES - go here.

|  ONLY INTERESTED IN MONEY FOR HIS BRAIN MACHINE PROGRAM  |  show details
              May 7th, 2011

As a patient everytime I saw him all he could ask is did I get the $10,000 for his brain wack program. This man should not be allowed to work with addicts.

|  a pretender if you ask me  |  show details
              by handsofeye com at Citysearch on Apr 30th, 2011 on citysearch.com

This doctor has ignored my complaint of being cyberbullyed by my familyfreqency stylei met with him seven days in a row.they use this freqency as your watching tvas you speak to the doctor the on going conversation stops.very blind with a personal favor type intersest .thanks doc.....

|  Irwin Rosenfeld MD  |  show details
              by estherlolly at Citysearch on Nov 23rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

I suffer from a severe form of Chronic Major Depression. My condition is one that requires an immense amount of work on .Dr. Rosenfeld and my part. There is a genetic component to my condition. My maternal grandfather, my mother, her siblings of which there are six as well as many if not all of my cousins and there`s 38 cousins all suffer from depression of various degrees. At this point we are all on medication. Not one of us has been able to survive without this treatment and avoid suffering a severe relapse.Dr. Rosenfeld has been my psychiatrist for the past twenty years. He has saved me from myself at least three times. I began seeing him during a particularly severe episode of depression. Over the years I have seen Dr. Rosenfeld put great care and thought in all dealings with his patients. Being in a medical position myself I know that we are not gods. And a title tells nothing about the degree of excellency of care given. However his quality of care and devotion to his profession say it all.Had it not been for Dr. Rosenfeld i would not be living the happy productive life that I now enjoy. He`s as close to being a miracle man as one can be. i am a person who doesn`t suffer fools gladly nor do I indulge in unmeaning flattery. This is a man with great medical integrity as well as being a superb doctor.I would recommend him without trepidation. I have chosen a screen name due to the nature of my occupation. if asked personally I have no reservations recommending Dr. Rosenfeld.

|  Medical Sanctions Against Dr. Rosenfeld  |  show details
              by cautiouspatient at Citysearch on Nov 17th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Potential patients need to know that Dr. Rosenfeld has been charged with gross negligence and misconduct on multiple occasions. He has completed his probation.

|  CARES MORE ABOUT PAYMENT  |  show details
              by Greg on Apr 10th, 2010

Was nodding off on first appt.. Second appt., he rushed me out of office.For some reason I was always the last appointment and more than likely his only black patient. It makes me wonder.

by AFugairon on Mar 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Best Psychiatrist in OC  |  show details
              by AFugairon at Citysearch on Mar 12th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. When I had to be hospitalized at South Coast Medical Center, he looked me in the eyes and promised that he would take care of me. He was so sincere, and it touched me that a medical professional would care about my well being so much. And indeed he did take excellent care of me.

by diogenesi on Jan 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Dr. Rosenfeld is highly recommended.  |  show details
              by diogenesi at Citysearch on Jan 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I met Dr. Rosenfeld at the Genesis Behavioral Clinic located within SouthCoast Medical Center in Laguna Beach. I had suffered a nervous collapse from overwork combined with insomnia. In short, I was a wreck. His diagnosis and medication expertise brought me back to normality. He was so knowledgeable and professional that I continued to see him after release from the clinic.. His years of experience make a patient know that they are in good hands. Anyone who wants ""real"" help should consider Dr. Rosenfeld. He is without question in the top of his field in Orange County.

by grace65 on Nov 20th, 2007 on citysearch.com

|  Think Twice...  |  show details
              by grace65 at Citysearch on Nov 20th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I have many concerns with Dr. Rosenfeld. Several times I have overheard this doctor and his staff talk about personal patient information. He has acted inappropriately during several of my appointments, and has talked about other patient personal information directly with me. More often than not, he is running at least a half hour or more behind schedule. My personal opinion is that he keeps prescribing the same medication because it is quick and easy...even though it is not working. I also do not care for his bedside manner.

by 1sword on Sep 21st, 2006 on citysearch.com

I've been under Dr. Rosenfelds care for many years. Besides the medications, his advise is most exellent. After ten years, I have become independent and on my way to a successful life beyond my biggest dreams. I would highly recomend him to all. Sinc

|  Exellence  |  show details
              by 1sword at Citysearch on Sep 21st, 2006 on citysearch.com

I`ve been under Dr. Rosenfelds care for many years. Besides the medications, his advise is most exellent. After ten years, I have become independent and on my way to a successful life beyond my biggest dreams. I would highly recomend him to all.

by djohnso6 on Mar 2nd, 2005 on citysearch.com

|  Kind and Compassionate  |  show details
              by djohnso6 at Citysearch on Mar 2nd, 2005 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rosenfeld is really a nice person. He treats his patients in a kind, respectful way. He is friendly and ready to listen to what you have to say. Dr. Rosenfeld will return your telephone call if you need to get a hold of him. I really like him a lot. I think he`s a great doctor.