Dr. Isaac Dweck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 10th, 2014
see ANYONE else!
I had a friend swear by what a great dr. Dweck is. my experience along with family members was very, very poor. I first went for back issues. I think he just assumed I was looking for drugs like vicotin, even though he gave them to my a 20 year old who sold them to friends, I was told. Crazy. I needed help on several occasions and was treated me terribly by him and staff are unfriendly too. I went to him for the last time after waiting 3 hours to get into a room (his staff is horrid, rude, and obnoxious, much like the dr.) My husband was with me, he was mortified on several levels. I had sores in my mouth, I was dehydrated terribly. At the time I did not know I had renal failure. Dr. Deck never considered a DX of dehydration. He said I should get tested for aids. He gave this same DX for my 90 year old grandmother. Dr. Deck is obese, I don't care about this with anyone, but my 90 pound daughter at age 20 (she's 5'2"), I brought to his office for the flu or something minor like this. He told us that just because you're thin doesn't mean you r healthy. Oh LORD!! he's probably the worst dr. I have ever seen. Long waits are just expected and with myself, he never gave me the courtesy of listening and spent maybe 10 minutes after those long waits. He knew me from taking my best friend who died several years ago. I went to dr appointments a lot with her, she needed help getting around from her long battle of cancer (she died at age 50). He was her primary and although he was not responsible for her her death, he did not respect her wishes of NO MORPHINE, which was given to her at home through her iv unknowingly under dweck from bed side nurses. She would scream at night petrified, she had no idea about the morphine and was not medicated efficiently. This led to full blown panic attacks and her last hospital visit. She was not in any oxygen distress, but deck pressured her at the er. Respirator or morphine? Power of attorney said no morphine upon her wishes, but the family listened to dweck and other drs who were unfamiliar with her. They put her on morphine where she showed no sign of oxygen depletion as she slept the last 3 days of her life away. As far as I'm concerned, he thinks he knows what is best, disconcerning patients wishes. Even their last wishes. Horrible. He owns a nursing home, where elderly patients of his go ( like my grandmother). More money for him? You make a decision. She died there alone, we still don't know exactly how. I hate that she died alone. She asked a nurse for a blanket because she was cold at 8 am. We were on our way to visit her that morning, granted she was a complainer!! She died 1/2 hour later. I hope this helps for anyone to make your decision. Hard to find good drs Anymore. Agh. By the way, neither myself or grandmother have aids! We were tested, which was crazy in itself. God bless.

December 11th, 2013
EXCELLENT
This is a great doctor- caring, thorough, and excellent bedside manner.

October 1st, 2012
Dr. Dweck
I did not answer the wait time because it varies. It can be long but I do not mind since I know Dr. Dweck takes his time with you during you visit. You do not see that in Dr's. much these days. So if I have to wait a long time I know it is because he is treating his patient the same as he will me. The brand ne rebuilt office does have a mildew smell.

January 23rd, 2012
I do not recommend this doctor. Long waits for no reason, rude front desk, smells like mold in waiting room, do not give hard copy of referrals, don't give proper physicals.