Dr. Isaac Hearne MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 23rd, 2016
Best opthalmologist
I've been going to Dr. Hearn for about ten years, after having very bad experiences with one ophthalmologist in particular. Dr. Hearn has always been thorough, spends more time with me than do most doctors, is very friendly, answers all my questions, is very knowledgeable about many aspects of medicine, beyond ophthalmology, and, most important, has helped me tremendously with my eye problems. The technicians have all been very pleasant and appear to be very well trained.

February 22nd, 2016
Therapist
Horrible! Came in to check me and said, "So, what's happened since I saw you last?" Uhhhh, you haven't! I had never seen the guy and he obviously hadn't checked my chart. Seemed like he knew what he was doing, but lame! Also, very arrogant.

February 3rd, 2015
Everyone from the receptionist, optometry techs, to my Doctor were professional , kind, and fantastic. There is no one else that I would go to.

August 8th, 2014
He was a horrible doctor. Very unpleasant experience.

May 12th, 2014
RUDE AND CONDESCENDING
Note to self, if you can get into ANY doctors office without an appointment on a Monday, no less and find NO other patients there upon your arrival, there's a reason! If you want to be reprimand and spoken to as if your a two year old, for simply asking ONE question, this is your man! He can't even fill out a prescription, torching you even further, once you leave his office. I'd go blind before i go back to this rude, nasty doctor!

July 3rd, 2013
Good Dr. lousy staff
Had been going to this practice for approximately 20 years. Liked and still like Dr. but his staff finally drove me and my wife away. Staff is rude and incompetent and sadly the Dr. doesn't seem to want to hear this.

May 9th, 2013
Kid Friendly
My son has been seeing Dr. Hearne for several years. We are always able to get an appointment when we need it. The staff always does their best to make him feel comfortable. And Dr. Hearne is always great with him. He's never nervous to go to the eye doctor because of the caring, comfortable environment. Definitely reccomend!

May 9th, 2013
Professional & Courteous
Recently Dr. Hearne and his staff saw me after a long absence from any sort of eye care at all. All concerned were friendly, thorough and answered all my questions without fuss. Dr. Hearne is knowledgeable, friendly and quick to elaborate the points he makes or answer questions. An overall positive experience. I would recommend him to anyone.

September 6th, 2012
horrible doctor
This dr has no idea what he is talking about half the time. he doesn't check his charts from previous visits and then contradicts himself from previous visits. Would never recommend this guy to anyone!

August 16th, 2012
Worst eye docter ever
I had a total of 3 appointments with this man. The first two I had to wait 1 hr to 2 hrs. On the 3rd appointment I drove over 45 minutes in rush hour traffic only to get there on time and find out he was unable to make it to the office due to a family emergency the night before. When I asked why no one on staff called me to inform me my appointment was canceled they informed me they did not have an office manager at the time and no one else could get to the patient info to call. I really disliked the way this practice was run and his bedside manner so it was all for the best. I fired him and went back to Dr. David Chaffin's office. They only reason I ended up with Dr.Hearne was due to the insurance company referring me there. I thought I had no other choice. I also heard from a previous co worker of his that he used to lose his temper and yell at patients on a regular basis.

August 1st, 2012
Hearne
Isaac Hearne did not listen to me since my eyes did not respond to the lenses according to his theoretical prediction. Too much ego! The exam by his assistant felt rushed and not thorough. I walked out without a good prescription.

June 11th, 2012
Worst Dr visit ever!!
This man is so rude! I can not believe I have wasted so much time and money with this doctor and he never diagnosed my issue. Because he has not diagnosed my issue over a period of months I had a number of questions for him in the last visit. He glared at me while I asked my questions. His office gave me bad advice over the phone for how to take my medication he prescribed. When I told him I was confused based on what my pharmacist said he lectured me that pharmacists don't have a clue what they are talking about and how they should just keep their mouths shut but then 5 minutes later told me to follow the same exact instructions the pharmacist said. Because I was asking questions he started lecturing me that he didn't want to fight with me. I was literally in tears and the man was so rude about it - with his hands on his hips asked me when I thought the tears were going to stop! I walked out of the building and left in shock at the treatment I received!