Dr. Isaac Kligman MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2016
I'm not sure I can say enough amazing things about Dr. Kligman and his staff at Cornell. I came to Dr. Kligman after 3 unsuccessful rounds of IVF with another physician closer to my home. He was very receptive to our concerns and explained everything that he was considering for us. He never gave up hope and was genuinely concerned when we were on the verge of giving up ourselves. He answered all of our questions and remembered everything about us from the moment we started with him. At the end of IVF round 5 we received the amazing news that we are expecting twins! I have since been discharged and cried when we were told that our work with him is done (until we're ready for the next set of twins lol). Not only is Dr. Kligman a miracle to us, but his staff (Julie, Kristen, and Dilcia) are beyond amazing as well. I don't know if they realize how much they all mean to my husband and I. Thank you for everything you have done for us!

September 5th, 2016
So grateful for Dr. Kligman!
I had such a positive experience with Dr. Kligman after my OB recommended him to me and yes, spoiler alert, I did get pregnant! What you need to know before you start fertility treatments is that you will have to visit your doctor's office and interact with his staff several times a week, so if you don't like the doctor, it won't be a positive experience. Lucky for me, everyone who works at the Cornell Center for Reproductive Medicine was kind, friendly and helpful-- from the front desk staff to the nurses who accompanied the doctor into the room or drew my blood, and especially Julie on Dr. Kligman's personal staff. Dr. Kligman was also kind, and informative, willing to answer every question I had for him. He was also very positive and made me believe that the treatments we were agreeing on together would work-- and they did. I didn't have IVF so I can't speak to that specific experience, but I truly believe that my great relationship with Dr. Kligman and his team helped me relax enough for an IUI to work for me. A note for any potential new patients-- you do have to wait for every appointment, that's just the experience at the Cornell CRM and something you just need to decide if you can live with-- know this going into it so you don't get all huffy every single time. Typically I waited anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour to see the doctor. I tried to balance this with my work schedule by making my appointments in the very early morning whenever possible, but sometimes I just had to deal with it. Dr. Kligman was always aware of how late he was running and always genuinely apologetic. And it was definitely worth it in the end!

August 30th, 2016
I had a great experience going to Dr. Kligman. He was knowledgeable and encouraging during every visit. We never felt rushed and he would happily answer all our ridiculous questions. Despite a couple failed IUI attempts, he continued to stay hopefully and lift my spirits. Even more so, Julie on his staff was so supportive and always made sure I left with a smile on my face. Fortunately, the treatments were successful and I was able to get pregnant. I highly recommend Dr. Kligman and his staff.

July 28th, 2016
Excellent doctor
I couldn't have had a better experience getting treatment from Dr. Kligman. After trying numerous times at different centers, I was finally able to get pregnant with his care. He is extreamly understanding and caring. Really such an intelligent doctor, I would recommend him to anyone.

June 9th, 2016
He was a horrible Dr. Every time i spoke to him, i left crying. He didnt know what he was doing. I wasted so much time with him and he didnt get me pregnant. After this bad experience i went to rma ny and thank Gd i got pregnant right away....

May 18th, 2016
Best Doctor I've seen
I traveled to NY to see Dr. Kligman. He came highly recommended from my Doctor and friends that have seen him. His staff is very friendly and helpful. He is very knowledgeable. He came in on an off day to do my procedure. I am very thankful for him because now I have my children. I would recommend this Doctor to anyone. Your journey might have sadness but through perseverance there will be success with the right Doctor treating you. For me, he was the absolute right Doctor.

May 10th, 2016
Keep looking.
Terrible bedside manner. Long waits. When you finally get into the room he speeds through in minutes and rushes out. Never calls back. Doesn't answer questions. Better customer service at the dmv.

February 16th, 2016
Positive experience all around
Everyone in the office was curtious, friendly and sensitive during each step of the process. Undergoing fertility treatment is an emotional process and despite the fact that they handle a large number of cases, each interaction was personal and Did not feel rushed. We all know that undue stress makes this situation even harder to overcome and the compassion and positive attitude of his assistants helped to end even disappointing appointments on a positive note. I am so grateful that I was referred by my OB to Dr kligman and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

December 11th, 2015
Kligman rocks!
I went to Dr Kligman after hearing amazing things about him from a friend who had successfully gotten pregnant through an IVF procedure with him. I found Dr Kligman to be warm and approachable and his bedside manner to be stellar. He was always willing and able to answer any question I had about the procedure, my regiment or any anxiety I may have and gave me as much time as I needed to ask questions -- no matter how mundane they were. He went above and beyond to help me transport eggs that I had frozen at another facility so that they could be utilized in my cycle with him. Dr Kligman's staff (especially Julie and Hunter) are amazing! They were always there with a reassuring ord, a smile and lots of encouragement. Trying to get pregnant via IUI/IVF is an extremely stressful process but Dr Kligman and his staff make it as painless as possible. They are approachable, communicative and warm. Dr Kligman is one of the best doctors I've had (in any specialty) in a very long time. I recently "graduated" out of the Center and I know that a big reason for my success was Dr Kligman's knowledge, patience and expertise as well as the support I received from his staff. If you're looking for an infertility specialist, Dr Isaac Kligman is the best there is.

November 5th, 2015
Overall very positive experience with some solvable drawbacks
I've seen Dr. Kligman for 7 months and went through my first round of IVF with him and the rest of the Cornell staff, and it was successful. Naturally I'm happy about that, but that isn't the only way I'd judge a doctor and a practice. Dr. Kligman and the rest of the team are the top in their field. A friend referred me to Dr. Kligman and her advice was right - just do whatever he tells you. To be honest, that was really difficult for me and I asked more questions than he liked and I didn't love feeling like I was annoying him, but I take that with a grain of salt. I went to him because he's one of the best at what he does, and I still believe that. That's more important to me than perfect bedside manner. To the many comments that Cornell is run like a factory, that's true - but I see that as a positive. It's a very efficient, well-oiled factory, and you need that if you're doing IVF in particular because you need a team of people working on your bloods/meds/charts and giving you constant quick feedback, and that's what they do. I highly recommend Dr. Kligman. The suggestions I would make to him and to Cornell in general are: be more open to answering questions and providing statistics (that should be mandatory as part of their IVF course, and it's not even included - they should give you success rates broken down by different factors such as maternal age, infertility cause, and so on), and for God's sake, start using email! It's a total pain that they operate completely by phone instead of an online booking system or email at the very least.

October 15th, 2015
Dissapointed
This place definitely feels like a factory. Dr. Kligman is always very rushed and spends minimum amount of time with me. I would say less than 5 min. Considering that the cost of the visit is over $650 (he charges $200 for visit and $450 for ultrasound) I would expect I will at least have a chance to ask some questions before he runs out of the room. And once you start ivf, you don't get to speak to him at all. It takes days for him to return the call. It seems like it is all run by ivf nurses, most of whom are rather standoffish. They do call you with instructions every day though, which I have heard does not happen in all clinics. Waiting time for simple blood work is very long, often an hour. And the billing department is really bad, you have to keep on top of your bills. It is very hard to get hold of them if you have any questions. I wish I had better things to say, but I am disappointed with this clinic.

September 24th, 2015
Incredible
We previously had a terrible experience at a very well known NY fertility clinic and were referred to Dr. Kligman. He was incredible. At his practice I was treated not only like his patient, but a member of his team's family. They were so incredibly personal, helpful and positive regardless of the situation. Dr. Kligman will be there to see you at every appointment, and he is part of your journey every step of the way. When we had a positive outcome, I was so touched by the genuine excitement expressed by him and his staff. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Kligman. Even my husband, who was very suspect after our previous fertility experience, felt Dr. Kligman was "world class." We are so indebted to him, Jersey, Julie and the entire practice for helping us to overcome our struggles and experience such incredible joy. I am so appreciative.