Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Lake Success
North Shore Diabetes & Endocrine Associates
3003 New Hyde Park Rd
Ste 201
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
516-327-0850
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Most Educated Doctor I have ever met!  |  show details
by Ben K. on Aug 18th, 2013

I have had type 2 Diabetes for the past 20 years and have seen many Endocrinologists in the past. No other doctor I have met with compares to the expertise of Dr. Sachmechi. He has many years of experience, is very passionate about his work and is updated on all the recent news on diabetes. He has helped me bring down my A1C levels and has helped stabilize my blood sugar levels, something no doctor has helped me accomplish in the past 20 years. Be prepared to wait a few weeks for an appointment, but it is definitely worth the wait, I promise! I have referred many friends and family members to him and all are very happy. He should get 5 stars in my book!

|  Rude office staff  |  show details
by I. Lee on Mar 19th, 2013

I think my first mistake is find the doctor from internet instead of getting a referral. My first visit to the doctor's office, his assistant shows up, ask me some questions, then the doctor shows up for about 10 seconds not saying anything just make sure that I have next appointment. Got charged $300 for 10 seconds of doctor's time. After the procedures I had on 2nd visit, bill came, my insurance took care of that. Two month later, got another bill, so I call the office asking what that bill is about, got a very rude staff, just loudly insisted I didn't pay part of my balance, and won't even listen to me when I try to explain that my insurance claim shows everything is paid for. With a phone call to my insurance, it squared away. But such rude person, won't even listen, but insist they are right and not willing to looking into their billing error.

|  lost trust, very uneasy with doctor  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

I would certainly never refer this doctor. My primary physician made my first appt with Dr Sachmechi because he takes my insurance. My first visit was ok, even though i only saw Dr Sachmechi for a minute or so. I was seen by the PA in the office, which I find odd when I was diagnosed with a disease that needs serious treatment. I would think it would be the doctor, not a PA. Im so dissatisfied with the office because I have been calling every hour for a few days trying to get Dr Sachmechi to do his part before Im allowed to schedule a treatment at a radiology facility for my disease. He promised he would call, and he didnt. I feel that when a doctor messes with your health, that proves him to be an unprofessional, careless person. Some doctors arent passionate about what they do and the patients they have. Being in the medical field myself, I know what it is to take an oath to care for your patients. After what Ive experienced with this office, I will definitely be looking for a new doctor, as I do not feel that my disease and the need for immediate treatment is being taken very seriously. This does not make me feel like I can trust my health in the hands of this doctor. I feel extremely uneasy. I feel that I should not have to harrass the staff and the doctor to try to get him to do his job. All that is needed is a simple phone call or fax to the radiology facility so my disease treatment can be done....Obviously Im asking way too much. Its a shame, it really is.

|  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

Dr. Sachemechi is excellent. I know him for a very long time. His knowledge, dedication, bedside manner, honesty, and professionalism are all extraordinary. I highly recommend him.